Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

28 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The reasons for the way they voted are known only to themselves, only an arrogant out of touch elitist would dare to presume to know why each and every one of them voted the way they did.

And yet you appear to do so - thus branding yourself as an arrogant out of touch elitist...

Long have we thought so...

The personal comments end here. 

Discuss the topic please, not each other.

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

83,958 people voted to Leave the EU in Barnsley in 2016.

Tell you're mates down the pub their sense of entitlement will be wasted after we leave the EU.

If they feel they get naff all now, wait till we leave, they will have less than naff all. But you want it, have it!   

37 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

Tell you're mates down the pub their sense of entitlement will be wasted after we leave the EU.

If they feel they get naff all now, wait till we leave, they will have less than naff all. But you want it, have it!   

A much under debated point.

Even Leave supporters have accepted that Brexit will damage the UK economy and there will be no sunny uplands. So were many of them simply throwing their toys out of the pram or was there a real expectation that things would get better and what was that based on? Most Leave supporters I talked to in 2016 didn’t really know what the EU was, had absolutely no understanding of the economics of EU membership and as was discussed at length earlier, their primary concerns in the referendum were ‘too many immigrants’ and ‘foreigners telling us what to do’.

How on earth did these people think that their lives would improve?

It is beginning to look very unlikely a general election will be called on this side of Christmas since the EU still haven’t confirmed the length of the extension. Five weeks needed as a minimum and at this rate schools will be too busy because of festivities. 

I rather suspect a confidence motion will get forced as soon as the EU agree an extension, and we go past HAlloween and Bojo lies in his ditch....

Labour have promised that for a long time and still do, I'm sure the public will hold them to their word.

15 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I did. 

The people of Barnsley who voted Leave are not the people of Barnsley.

You don't get to decide who are the people based on how they vote.

Dictatorship and tyranny can only follow in the wake of such oppressive ideas which strip people of their identity.

Referendum asked, LEAVE or REMAIN. That is all it asked. No doubt the Leavers had their own reasons for leaving, which were many and varied, no doubt the remainers had their own reasons for remaining which were many and varied.  Why can the posters on here grasp that.

Angel1.

8 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Why can the posters on here grasp that.

I think that most of them do.

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I think that most of them do.

Not by the posts on here they don't.

Angel1.

16 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I did. 

The people of Barnsley who voted Leave are not the people of Barnsley.

I don't think the people of Barnsley speak double Dutch like you. 

The people of Barnsley are the people of the UK who democratically voted to leave the EU on 23rd June 2016 and have every right to expect their democratic wish to leave the EU, to be implemented.

Edited by Lockdoctor