Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

1 hour ago, geared said:

So is this Boris's deal or still May's deal??

He's made a few changes to the backstop but the rest was done by May and her lot right?

It's not a deal, it is just a plan to get changes to the Withdrawal Agreement on offer regarding the backstop to avoid a no-deal exit  on 31st October.  Boris is trying to do what he stated he would do before he became Prime Minister.

1 hour ago, geared said:

So is this Boris's deal or still May's deal??

He's made a few changes to the backstop but the rest was done by May and her lot right?

I don't know. Mays deal was a surrender deal, Boris' deal is the same minus the back stop but effectively cutting NI adrift from the rest of the UK isn't.

24 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I don't know. Mays deal was a surrender deal, Boris' deal is the same minus the back stop but effectively cutting NI adrift from the rest of the UK isn't.

Boris hasn't got a deal, it's only a plan.  The big difference between Theresa May's deal and Boris' proposal is that the DUP support his proposal.  The proposal will not cut Northern Ireland adrift because they won't be in the Customs Union and the Stormont Assembly will have a say about future arrangements.

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

Well my new thread entitled “The positives of leaving the EU” was removed within the hour so that’s another closed book.

To be honest, the positives are so few and far between that you wouldn't have had many responses!

I had to laugh though. I was listening to the radio the other day and the presenter was explaining  that under individual trade deals that the U.K would be doing with other countries after Brexit,  we could be getting more migrants from India, Pakistan, African countries etc. Immediately the torrent of calls from angry Brexiteers came forth. 

I thought people knew what they were voting for?

43 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Boris hasn't got a deal, it's only a plan.  The big difference between Theresa May's deal and Boris' proposal is that the DUP support his proposal.  The proposal will not cut Northern Ireland adrift because they won't be in the Customs Union and the Stormont Assembly will have a say about future arrangements.

Could it be that Boris has promised to squeeze Arlene's thigh?

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

Well my new thread entitled “The positives of leaving the EU” was removed within the hour so that’s another closed book.

Its very good to know that you actually believe that there are positives in Leaving the EU.

The first, and perhaps most important after three years of the establishment attempting to bury the votes of 17.4 million people,  is that it will confirm to everyone - Leavers and Remainers alike - that there is a point in voting and that democratic outcomes must be respected and acted upon.

Leaving the EU will confirm that democracy still exists in the UK. That is extremely positive.

Edited by Car Boot

44 minutes ago, Obelix said:

What Stormont assembly?

The positive politicians hope that the Stormont Assemble with sit again sooner rather than later.

7 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Could it be that Boris has promised to squeeze Arlene's thigh?

That is funny.  I seem to remember Boris stating he will do whatever it takes to implement the democratic EU referendum result.

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

that under individual trade deals that the U.K would be doing with other countries after Brexit,  we could be getting more migrants from India, Pakistan, African countries etc. Immediately the torrent of calls from angry Brexiteers came forth. 

I thought people knew what they were voting for?

we told em that 3 years ago lol

26 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Its very good to know that you actually believe that there are positives in Leaving the EU.

The first, and perhaps most important after three years of the establishment attempting to bury the votes of 17.4 million people,  is that it will confirm to everyone - Leavers and Remainers alike - that there is a point in voting and that democratic outcomes must be respected and acted upon.

Leaving the EU will confirm that democracy still exists in the UK. That is extremely positive.

Will it have any economic positives?

Im not sure I can survive on a diet of fuzzy warm thoughts and a reaffirmation if democracy.

38 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

I would really like to see what others think the positives will be so that I could firstly ,see whether I agree and secondly,consider if these outweigh what I believe to be the downside.

I agree that Democracy is a very important issue,but,and I strongly believe that the complexities which have become evident over the last 3 years should be taken into consideration.

A further Democratic People’s vote is needed to ratify or overturn whatever form of Brexit is achievable.

2 hours ago, RJRB said:

I now have my response from the Admin team saying “There is already a Brexit thread”

This is the one,so What are the positives of leaving the EU.

Thank you.

I wish that our political reporters would ask the same simple question of our politicians.This issue seems to have been forgotten along the way.