Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

4 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

Moving on the proposal by Boris and his Government is a reasonable compromise. Boris deserves huge credit for coming up with a plan that has the support of the DUP.

The DUP represents less than 3% of the Irish population.

The EU have consistently stood behind the Irish people and the Belfast agreement and wont support a bar of Bozo’s ‘plan’.

30 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I now have my response from the Admin team saying “There is already a Brexit thread”

This is the one,so What are the positives of leaving the EU.

Thank you.

I wish that our political reporters would ask the same simple question of our politicians.This issue seems to have been forgotten along the way.

It's a question of perspective.

For all those on the UK side meaningfully invested in Brexit, e.g. hedge fund managers and pro-leaving politicians, the positives are short- to medium-term financial, power and influence gains.

For richer Brits, the positives are reduced domestic taxation, maintained close ties with tax-optimising British and quasi-British  jurisdictions, and the repealing of EU-driven measures allowing them to increase operating profits in their domestic companies (at the expense of their employees of course...but hey, we're looking at positives here).

For Europeans in business with British competition, the positives are all the EU27 and non-EU business gained at the expense of UK plc.

For pro-EU European politicians, the positives are the propaganda value of short- to medium terms socio-economic woes in the UK for more and still better EU building.

Brexit has a fair few silver linings for different people. Hopefully you're one of them.

Because for the non-richer Brits, like you I've yet to hear a single positive 4 years on.

26 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The DUP represents less than 3% of the Irish population.

The EU have consistently stood behind the Irish people and the Belfast agreement and wont support a bar of Bozo’s ‘plan’.

I guess UK media has not reported today's agreement, signed between Ireland and France, about the extension of 750MW's worth of grid interconnects, accessorily increasing the RoI's energetic independence from the UK? 'thought not.

Note to Johnson, in case it escaped Cummings: with the EU26 at their back, there's no bus to throw the Irish under. Not even a wine crate model one.

Edited by L00b

8 minutes ago, L00b said:

It's a question of perspective.

Brexit has a fair few silver linings for different people. Hopefully you're one of them.

Thanks for the detail but I can’t see much in there for me.My hedge fund just covers an annual trim of the privet.

I do like fish so perhaps there will be a glut of nice cheap stuff that cannot be economically shipped to Europe.

38 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

An anagram of "Get brexit done" is "being extorted".

I must admit to a chuckle when Bozo entered the conference hall this morning to The Who’s ‘Won’t get Fooled again. 😂🤣😂

14 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I must admit to a chuckle when Bozo entered the conference hall this morning to The Who’s ‘Won’t get Fooled again. 😂🤣😂

"Meet the new Boris, same as the old Boris" 😎

Presumably they couldn't find a copy of "Leap Up And Down Wave Your Knickers In The Air".

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

An anagram of "Get brexit done" is "being extorted".

An anagram of "Yellowhammer" is "Orwell mayhem".

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

An anagram of "Yellowhammer" is "Orwell mayhem".

Oh I like that one. That all you (I nicked mine from twitter)

10 hours ago, Car Boot said:

At the end of the day we are going to be out soon. It's the right thing to do, if we didn't Leave then a majority of voters would think that there was no point in voting ever again.

The majority of the working class voted to Leave. The majority of the underclass voted to Leave. Membership of the EU has mainly helped the affluent middle class and the rich. No wonder so many out of touch wealthy people support our EU membership.

Love Europe. Hate the EU elite.

This is one of the most sensible posts you have ever made on these consequence threads, I don't  agree with most of it, but none the less still a sensible (ish) post.

What you have to remember though Mr. Boot, is after the 31 st of October you own this.

I have said this numerous times on the consequence threads that Brexit wont make any difference to me, but the world doesn't revolve around me, and I voted in my heart of hearts as a whole to remain.

The reason I voted for remain, is because I do genuinely believe the less well off in society, and the Union as a whole will be better off in the EU..

I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination before you think that, i'm an old fashioned working class guy, wrong side of 50, and I just get on with my life with no bother.

But well done for not posting the usual up this, up the other type post. :)

And another good reason to be saying bye - bye to the EU.  

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/02/wto-rules-in-favor-of-us-in-aircraft-subsidies-dispute.html

And before anyone points out the UK are mentioned, this was from a time of pro-EU Blair, (who promised an referendum but never delivered), & as part of the collective EU. 

Edited by Baron99

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Oh I like that one. That all you (I nicked mine from twitter)

Afraid not. I heard it on LBC, an email to James O'Brien.

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

And another good reason to be saying bye - bye to the EU.  

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/02/wto-rules-in-favor-of-us-in-aircraft-subsidies-dispute.html

And before anyone points out the UK are mentioned, this was from a time of pro-EU Blair, (who promised an referendum but never delivered), & as part of the collective EU. 

So something up to the minute there. 👍