Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

The shameful people are those who continue to scaremonger about the prospect of the troubles returning 

Yes, shameful people like Simon Byrne, Chief Constable of the PSNI.

You really are getting desperate now! 😵

2 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

Protecting the peace process is a lame shameful excuse to deny 17.4 million leave voters

Really?

You think it's worth throwing 30 years of the Troubles under Bojo's bus acceptable and having a return to all that? You think thats acceptable for your wet dream of leaving the EU?

Contemptible. Utterly despicable. I've been shot at for being in the wrong place in Belfast in the past. Freinds of mine died and you think that is something to be brushed aside.

You disgust me.

The Government have been working very hard at their excuses, should the EU reject the Johnson Brexit proposal. 

A leaked memo shows that Boris Johnson's aides have drawn up proposals for Conservative MPs to call the EU "CRAZY", should they reject Johnson's offer. This suggests to me that Johnson:

• knows well in advance that his proposal will be rejected by the EU; and importantly that the public should be drip fed poison about the EU, so it is they, not the Government that is seen as intransigent.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexwickham/eu-crazy-leaked-tory-memo 

Such a pity that Johnson and his Government don't put as much effort into getting a good deal, as they do into thinking about strategies on how to deflect the blame onto others for their own ineptness.

On a related note, it says everything about the rancidness of this Government that they'd be willing to sacrifice the Good Friday Agreement so they can placate the gammons in their own party.

Edited by Mister M

1 hour ago, Obelix said:

You think thats acceptable for your wet dream of leaving the EU?

Lockdoctor really does need to take a break from this forum.

Only a few days ago he was suggesting that the government introduce martial law to implement Brexit. 😯

4 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

The DUP represents a large proportion of the people of Northern Ireland. 

Protecting the peace process is a lame shameful excuse to deny 17.4 million leave voters their democratic wish to leave the EU given the fact that the Boris proposal most certainly does respect the Good Friday Agreement.  It's now up to the EU and the Republic of Ireland to agree to the proposal put forward by the Boris led Government to end the uncertainty about Brexit and to put an end to all the scaremongering about a return to the troubles.  

Jonathan Powell who was one of the architects of the GFA doesn't agree with you.

Seeing as the world athletics championship is on at the moment I will liken Boris’s progress to a race.

Not the 100 metres dash to the finishing line ,but more like the 3000 metre steeplechase.

Boris is about to face the first fence and could fall flat on his face.Should he get over there are a further 27 hurdles and 7 water jumps to get over before the job is done.

I don’t think he will be there at the finishing line.

18 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Jonathan Powell is just one person. The DUP support the Good Friday Agreement and also support the proposal put forward by Boris.

The DUP opposed the GFA. It's politically expedient for them to claim to support it now, after so many unionists voted for it during the 1998 referendum, but it's no surprise they support a Boris deal that undermines the GFA.

1 minute ago, altus said:

The DUP opposed the GFA. It's politically expedient for them to claim to support it now, after so many unionists voted for it during the 1998 referendum, but it's no surprise they support a Boris deal that undermines the GFA.

How does it undermine the GFA? 

12 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Northern Ireland is not a bandit area such as Afghanistan...

It's not now... being the most salient point to mention :?

A not insignificant proportion of residents support attacking cameras or any attempts at border controls... hence Boris' plan probably isn't going to work in regards to peace in NI.

It also breaks the agreement the government made in 2017 which doesn't exactly bode well for any schemes that rely on "trust" :hihi:

Edited by Magilla

Boris is doing exactly what he stated he would do before he became Prime Minister.  On the news today the pundits stated if Parliament ever do get a vote on the proposals put forward by Boris then it will have a good chance of getting the support of Parliament. He has more support than Theresa May ever did.

He doesn’t.

That is a matter of simple mathematics 

10 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

It is now 2019 and now the DUP respect the Good Friday Agreement and don't support a hard border.  

1998 is a long time ago and since then technology advancements involving   CCTV cameras have become normal in every high street and roadway in the whole of the UK.  Northern Ireland is part of the UK and it is ludicrous that the only part of the UK where CCTV cameras are not welcome is the area near the border of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.  Northern Ireland is not a bandit area such as Afghanistan and every part of Northern Ireland should be treated the same as the whole of the UK.

The reason that N. Ireland isn’t a bandit area is because we have the GFA.

There are plenty of organised criminals champing at the bit, ready to fill the vacuum if the GFA is abandoned.

It speaks volumes  that you and the rest of the extremist Brexiters are even prepared to contemplate abandoning it.

Jonathan Powell is just one person. The DUP support the Good Friday Agreement and also support the proposal put forward by Boris.

When I voted to remain in the EU I didn't do so because I had concerns about the Good Friday Agreement. It would be wrong of me to use the Good Friday Agreement as an excuse to prevent the implementation of a binary choice I personally didn't vote for.   Let's be honest remain politicians who still don't respect the 2016 EU Referendum result are using the Good Friday Agreement as a reason to justify blocking Brexit. Remain politicians have stated they will do what ever it takes to prevent Brexit.

Boris is doing exactly what he stated he would do before he became Prime Minister.  On the news today the pundits stated if Parliament ever do get a vote on the proposals put forward by Boris then it will have a good chance of getting the support of Parliament. He has more support than Theresa May ever did.

The DUP didn't want the GFA at the time if memory serves so they're not going to want to defend it.

11 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

He doesn’t.

That is a matter of simple mathematics 

The reason that N. Ireland isn’t a bandit area is because we have the GFA.

There are plenty of organised criminals champing at the bit, ready to fill the vacuum if the GFA is abandoned.

It speaks volumes  that you and the rest of the extremist Brexiters are even prepared to contemplate abandoning it.

That is hilarious because I am a honest poster I have only highlighted  a part of your comedic scribble.  Let's move  the conservation on and look at the current problems that exist in the whole of the UK which include Northern Ireland where like the whole of the UK they have a drugs problem.  CCTV cameras throughout the UK have been a good weapon against drug dealers. Why does any poster who respects law and order think unlike the rest of the UK the border area  of Northern Ireland should be exempt from normal CCTV operations which happen in every area of the UK?