The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

The majority of Labour Party members want a second vote. On channel 4 news right now.

I am happy to leave, but see the logic of another referendum, but there does seem to be more support for another vote. What the vote would be is unclear.

Another vote - leave or stay.

Another vote - no deal, soft Brexit, stay in.

I think the 3rd option would be the one which provides the clearest outcome.

Either people are happy with what is being proposed by the Government, or they aren't but still want to leave.

Or they don't want to leave...

This is assuming that the government can come up with a clear proposal which is acceptable to all parties and therefore could actually be tabled - which is a tad optimistic at the moment, given they have had 2 years to come up with such a plan and aren't event beginning to articulate something acceptable to the EU and the the UK population.

Either people are happy with what is being proposed by the Government, or they aren't but still want to leave.

This is assuming that the government can come up with a clear proposal which is acceptable to all parties and therefore could actually be tabled - which is a tad optimistic at the moment, given they have had 2 years to come up with such a plan and aren't event beginning to articulate something acceptable to the EU and the the UK population.

Theresa May couldn't find her arse with both hands and a map clearly labelled MAP FOR MY ARSE.

We can only have the terms that are agreed by the other 27 EU nations, what May wants is irrelevant.

I am happy to leave, but see the logic of another referendum, but there does seem to be more support for another vote. What the vote would be is unclear.

Another vote - leave or stay.

Another vote - no deal, soft Brexit, stay in.

In your hypothetical three choice referendums, what happens if the choice which receives the most votes fails to reach an absolute majority?

We can only have the terms that are agreed by the other 27 EU nations, what May wants is irrelevant.

Which is why I used the phrase "acceptable to all parties".

Including the UK electorate - we MUST have a say in the final proposal - it would be undemocratic to do anything else.

Unfair comment

Brexit: We are 80% agreed on withdrawal deal, says Michel Barnier

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/brexit-we-are-80-agreed-on-withdrawal-deal-says-michel-barnier-7s5k72gxz