Sheffield Wednesday Transfer Rumours Summer 2016..

Who is David Cotterill

His two middle names are 'George Best'....well..

I wouldnt have thought either of them will end up at Hillsborough to be honest

probably both under decent contracts and both clubs not under pressure to sell...especially to another club in the same league...

There's been quite a lot of interest in the Blackburn lad from a few clubs.

He's a very good right wingerish type person (can play on the left, two good feet).

Great crosser, scores a few as well, right foot, left foot, no problem.

We could do worse.

It's that long since he was at S2, even he's taken it off of his CV. :hihi:

I'm sure he'd do a job for us, I've no worries about signing him.

£1.1m is not over priced in my opinion.

He'd be great cover if nowt else.

28 years old and bags of experience in The Championship and League 1 with a handful of Premier League appearances, and 20 odd caps for Wales.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjOw_GQoazNAhWkHsAKHbfcApoQtwIIHDAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DKBvohThYWYA&usg=AFQjCNG6l55gN8WovX6pwh8GdaYV1yVK_g&bvm=bv.124272578,d.ZGg

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjUpLXGoKzNAhWMCcAKHbP7AKEQtwIIJTAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DHrDOjHU8ndQ&usg=AFQjCNHrSWVvEvLgEpMdSLCPyBonyPk-6A&bvm=bv.124272578,d.ZGg

Signing journeymen like Cotterill, Hooper, Mcgeady etc is hardly thinking big, what's happened to the £12 branded about for lads like Rhodes?, owls need to look at more younger talented lads, not those seeking an easy pay day!

Signing journeymen like Cotterill, Hooper, Mcgeady etc is hardly thinking big, what's happened to the £12 branded about for lads like Rhodes?, owls need to look at more younger talented lads, not those seeking an easy pay day!

Haha since when has Hooper been a journeyman?? McGeady was on loan and it didn't work out, thats what the loan system is for. I wish we could have got Rhodes for £12 :hihi::hihi::hihi: I suppose you mean £12m and wheres your evidence that that was true?

Lets see what the close season brings but I'm sure we'll have something to look forward to come August 6th.

Haha since when has Hooper been a journeyman?? McGeady was on loan and it didn't work out, thats what the loan system is for. I wish we could have got Rhodes for £12 :hihi::hihi::hihi: I suppose you mean £12m and wheres your evidence that that was true?

Lets see what the close season brings but I'm sure we'll have something to look forward to come August 6th.

Playing for eight clubs including a few loan periods suggests he has been a journeyman to some extent it also suggests he's improved along the way I think he's one of your better acquisitions.

It's not about 'thinking big', I'm the last person to blow trumpets and want to spend tens of millions.

In my opinion, we need to allow a couple of our players to play in a position more fitting and natural to their talents, and a kid like Cotts could take either wide role, (maybe as a sub) and allow such as Fozzie and Wallace and even Pudil, should he return, to play a bigger and better part. Don't forget, he'll be playing for a manager who, so far, knows what he's doing, and seems to be a great man-manager.

He may be could get Cotts playing like Ronaldo!

I never said Cotts would be a gob smacking signing, but I think he'd be a good addition.

If there's a younger, more talented young 'un out there to come in and do a better job, then yes, we'll have him thanks.

We'll wait and see if the rumours are true before anyone starts whipping the man.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Playing for eight clubs including a few loan periods suggests he has been a journeyman to some extent it also suggests he's improved along the way I think he's one of your better acquisitions.

I always class a "journeyman" as an average player who's jumped from team to team mostly in the lower leagues. Hooper has mostly moved to progress his career got the Prem where it hasn't quite happened for him and dropped back to the Championship.

I always class a "journeyman" as an average player who's jumped from team to team mostly in the lower leagues. Hooper has mostly moved to progress his career got the Prem where it hasn't quite happened for him and dropped back to the Championship.

A journeyman is someone who has played for a lot of clubs in a short time, irrespective of the league. John Burridge who played for us from 84-87 , he was a journeyman who had 29 clubs, but a great GK.

Hooper has had 8 clubs in 12 years, making him a journeyman.

For what it is worth I think Cotterill would be a decent enough signing for Wednesday.

It seems an eternity since he was with us but I have seen enough of him on TV to see that he has matured as a player and is probably in the best form of his career at the minute.

The thing I like about him most is how direct he is in his play. He can get the ball down at his feet and drive his way to the by line to get a ball in and not only is his normal crossing second to none but he can also drill a low ball in with accuracy as well.

Watching Wednesday in the Play-off semi's and final, it was quite evident that you lot could do with a bit more quality out wide because it only came when the full backs pushed up into attacking positions. I have to say that I quite like Pudil as a wide man as well, he gives a great option even as full back over lapping. He is skillful and pacey.

He might not be as inspiring as names such as McGeady but he is a solid Championship player with bags of experience and ability. The likes of Forestieri and Hooper would thrive with a player who can deliver with such quality out wide.

If the £1m price tag touted around is accurate, then he is a steal really. Even on a 1 year deal he is worth every penny if he helps get the club promoted.

For what it is worth I think Cotterill would be a decent enough signing for Wednesday.

It seems an eternity since he was with us but I have seen enough of him on TV to see that he has matured as a player and is probably in the best form of his career at the minute.

The thing I like about him most is how direct he is in his play. He can get the ball down at his feet and drive his way to the by line to get a ball in and not only is his normal crossing second to none but he can also drill a low ball in with accuracy as well.

Watching Wednesday in the Play-off semi's and final, it was quite evident that you lot could do with a bit more quality out wide because it only came when the full backs pushed up into attacking positions. I have to say that I quite like Pudil as a wide man as well, he gives a great option even as full back over lapping. He is skillful and pacey.

He might not be as inspiring as names such as McGeady but he is a solid Championship player with bags of experience and ability. The likes of Forestieri and Hooper would thrive with a player who can deliver with such quality out wide.

If the £1m price tag touted around is accurate, then he is a steal really. Even on a 1 year deal he is worth every penny if he helps get the club promoted.

Well Mr G

When I saw you had posted without reading it I thought here we go all negatives, But we'll said I do apologise for my negative thoughts:thumbsup:

Well today I met Sheridan 1-0 thoroughly nice bloke, and had a good chat.

Well today I met Sheridan 1-0 thoroughly nice bloke, and had a good chat.

yeah but more importantly did he think you was a good bloke? :hihi: