Sheffield Wednesday Transfer Rumours Summer 2016..

Whilst pleased to see Adam Reach sign for Wednesday...i'm somewhat surprised to hear we've paid a figure of £5m for him... possibly going up to £7m ..wow..Boro have had our pants down with that price...

Its a sellers market at present ....Sissoko going for £30 million...yet they only paid £1.5m for him 3 or 4 years ago....

Monopoly Money..!!

I thought that when I saw the fee. I hope he was worth it but I haven't heard anything bad said yet so hopefully he can be that winger we've been crying out for. Was hoping we'd get 2 wingers in but can't be greedy I guess

With the enormous inflationary influence of PL broadcast money this was sort of to be expected. Not pretty, just imagine if we didn't have Chansiri and were still struggling for cash (as many Championship and lower clubs are).

I am impressed that we kept Forestieri, that really is a signal of intent. If a PL club had come in they might well have offered way more than we think he is worth.

You need big money to prosper in the Championship that's for sure..and your right DC is putting serious amounts of money into the club...although we cant compete with the relegated clubs who receive parachute payments ...

Lets hope we can match & improve upon last season...

With the enormous inflationary influence of PL broadcast money this was sort of to be expected. Not pretty, just imagine if we didn't have Chansiri and were still struggling for cash (as many Championship and lower clubs are).

I am impressed that we kept Forestieri, that really is a signal of intent. If a PL club had come in they might well have offered way more than we think he is worth.

:huh:

Indeed...

... so that would seem to imply that no PL club thinks he's good enough for them! :suspect:

Indeed...

... so that would seem to imply that no PL club thinks he's good enough for them! :suspect:

That, or CC blocked it. I do think there was serious interest when that whole ordeal kicked off.

That, or CC blocked it. I do think there was serious interest when that whole ordeal kicked off.

:)

Yep, that's a good point!

But if a move was blocked, then he's going to still be one very unhappy bunny and there's likely to be a few more tantrums if things don't start picking up soon! :|

Indeed...

I think the chairman made it quite clear that he was not for sale so any club making an approach would have looked a bit foolish.

I think the chairman made it quite clear that he was not for sale so any club making an approach would have looked a bit foolish.

Every player is for sale at the right price.

Guest sibon

Indeed...

Hull City paid money for Will Keane. Fernando is a significant upgrade on him.

Every player is for sale at the right price.

I'm not saying they aren't but it wouldlook very unprofessional for a club to make an approach when the manager, the chairman and the player have said they don't want to leave.

---------- Post added 05-09-2016 at 16:12 ----------

Linked with the free transfer of ex Dutch international Urby Emanuelson who can play left back or left midfield.

If we can get him back to his best Urby Rides Again :hihi: