Drones flying around Netheredge

Kensmith

Can anyone tell me , why a drone would be flying around Netheredge , Empire Rd area , I was walking to a friends house. Yesterday lunch time , when I spotted a drone , I was on the land by the hall . It whizzed around over my head , whizzed off over the road, why ? What is round their worth looking at , to me it was like they were casing the building , very weird experience.

Not all drones carry a camera, some are just used for "flying around" for a bit of fun.

How could you tell this particular machine was fitted with a camera?. Some have an integrated camera, unless you have it in your hand it's quite impossible to tell if the machine is fitted with one.

Drone Flyer Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

A drone is a male honey bee. Because of the fact that they contain no stinger, enterprising people catch them and tie small television cameras to their hind legs, thus enabling spectacular aerial photography, otherwise only possible using hot air balloons or stunt helicopters like mine.

Drones were first used by film director James Cameron for most of the aerial photography in the film 'Avatar', the same bees then going on to other work, such as 'Top Gear' and (rather dangerously) 'Spiderman'.

Unfortunately (and contradictive to the above), there is, so to speak, a sting in the tale … due to the large amount of drones now employed in the film industry, production of honey is now at an all time low. This is why many people now want drones to be banned from filming and back to flower dusting.

Thankyou! The morning was starting to get "serious."

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

An expensive remote controlled aircraft. They use bigger ones in Iraq and Afghanistan to fight the Taliban remotely.

Starting at about £15 they are well outside the reach of all but them most determined 8 year olds.

---------- Post added 12-02-2016 at 10:40 ----------

some estate agents use them to take pictures

Now that really does require a license... Commercial use is much more likely to attract attention than personal use.

There's an increasing number of reports of drone near misses:

http://www.airproxboard.org.uk/docs/423/20151209%20-%20Summary%20Sheet%20Dec%202015.pdf

This one coming into Manchester:

http://www.airproxboard.org.uk/docs/423/2015141.pdf

This is my favourite though:

THE A321 PILOT reports departing from Birmingham when, on passing 1500ft, the first officer noticed an unidentified object, described as rocket shaped and the size of 2 x 2l fizzy drink bottles. It passed very close to the starboard side of the aircraft, although didn’t actually hit it. The incident was reported to ATC.

Equally, why shouldn't a drone would be flying around Nether Edge? Whenever I see drone footage on the TV (nearly every documentary now) I want a go.

You can even get drone footage of the football now, how long till whole matches are streamed live?

Sheffield United vs Notts County

That's an interesting idea but I think that they only have around 10 minutes of useful battery life so you'd need a few drones rotating to cover a full game.

its not a drone its a quadcopter

---------- Post added 12-02-2016 at 12:11 ----------

Starting at about £15 they are well outside the reach of all but them most determined 8 year olds.

---------- Post added 12-02-2016 at 10:40 ----------

Now that really does require a license... Commercial use is much more likely to attract attention than personal use.

you dont need a licence to film ariel footage at all aslong as its not sold on are uploaded to a online site ect...