Drones flying around Netheredge

Kensmith

And throwing things isn't?

Here's video of me flying a quad in the park, and video from the quad. Do you think you could hit it (and what do you think I'd do)?

Dog can't catch it, maybe you could?

Edited by Cyclone

It's also illegal, assuming United get crowds of more than 1,000 spectators!

The aircraft must not be flown:

over or within 150 metres of any congested area

over or within 150 metres of an organised open-air assembly of more than 1,000 persons;

Unless you take the CAA exam, which costs £2000. Then you are considered a "pilot" and can fly over and around most things. Airports and sensitive Government buildings are a no no. Crowds are no problem I am led to believe.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 13-02-2016 at 20:52 ----------

I have never seen a drone flying. If I did and it came near enough I would throw things at it - they are very dangerous in populated areas.

Please explain why.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 13-02-2016 at 20:55 ----------

Nah, the sort they would use for games would have a much longer battery life, totally different devices overall as well, compared to the little ones you can buy

Mine has a battery life of 30 minutes, you have multiple batteries fly back, land change battery pack and back airbourne in less than 2minutes.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 13-02-2016 at 21:03 ----------

Originally Posted by Ghozer View Post

Nah, the sort they would use for games would have a much longer battery life, totally different devices overall as well, compared to the little ones you can buy.

I'm only going on the commonly used comercial octocopter that my friend uses for filming which has 10 minutes useful flying time. http://www.dji.com/product/spreading-wings-s1000-plus

Just to confirm my quadcopter takes pictures and video at TV quality which is 1080p.

This article is cut and pasted, not my own work.

1080p (also known as Full HD or FHD and BT.709) is a set of HDTV high-definition video modes characterized by 1080 horizontal lines of vertical resolution[1] and progressive scan, as opposed to interlaced, as is the case with the 1080i display standard. The term usually assumes a widescreen aspect ratio of 16:9, implying a resolution of 1920x1080 (2.1 megapixel) often marketed as Full HD.

1080p video signals are supported by ATSC standards in the United States, and DVB standards in Europe. Applications of the 1080p standard include television broadcasts, blu-ray discs, smartphones, Internet content such as YouTube and Netflix, consumer televisions and projectors, computer monitors, video game consoles, camcorders and cameras.

My quad was a grand, and it takes TV quality visuals.

Angel1.