Drones flying around Netheredge

Kensmith

It's also illegal, assuming United get crowds of more than 1,000 spectators!

The aircraft must not be flown:

over or within 150 metres of any congested area

over or within 150 metres of an organised open-air assembly of more than 1,000 persons;

If they're being used by official tv stations then they will have the appropriate licenses.

---------- Post added 12-02-2016 at 14:43 ----------

you dont need a licence to film ariel footage at all aslong as its not sold on are uploaded to a online site ect...

Isn't that exactly what "commercial usage" means...

Uploading it online doesn't require any license though. Commercial usage does, which is what I said.

That's an interesting idea but I think that they only have around 10 minutes of useful battery life so you'd need a few drones rotating to cover a full game.

Nah, the sort they would use for games would have a much longer battery life, totally different devices overall as well, compared to the little ones you can buy

Nah, the sort they would use for games would have a much longer battery life, totally different devices overall as well, compared to the little ones you can buy

I've got a Perkins diesel engined one that's about fifteen foot long. It has the added option of being piloted, which is just as well really as the autopilot's been a bit iffy since a contretemps with Google earth over where the coast is. I reckon they're a good fifty yards out, which makes night time landings pretty much a no-no. :mad:

I'm only going on the commonly used comercial octocopter that my friend uses for filming which has 10 minutes useful flying time. http://www.dji.com/product/spreading-wings-s1000-plus