Please help- how do I use Brook Hill Roundabout (University)

I'm currently learning to drive, and this roundabout is causing me some real problems as I find it really scary. My main question is this- when coming from Brook Hill, what lane do I use to go down Netherthorpe Road (second exit on left)?

On approach, I can either take the left arrow or the straight ahead arrow. Which lane does this exit fall under?

Also, should you end up in the right or left lane of Netherthorpe Road, and how does your initial lane effect this?

Sorry if this sounds very silly- I don't want to cause any accidents!

I'm currently learning to drive, and this roundabout is causing me some real problems as I find it really scary. My main question is this- when coming from Brook Hill, what lane do I use to go down Netherthorpe Road (second exit on left)?

On approach, I can either take the left arrow or the straight ahead arrow. Which lane does this exit fall under?

Also, should you end up in the right or left lane of Netherthorpe Road, and how does your initial lane effect this?

I always approach it in the left hand lane, and exit in the left hand lane also.

(As an aside, I reckon there would be very few people coming down to the roundabout and then turning sharp left towards walkley)

Edit. What does your instructor advise you to do?

The first left turn that takes you to Walkley doesn't have a designated left turn lane from where you're coming, so get in the left hand lane and once on the roundabout stay in lane to Netherthorpe exit and stay in inside lane down there

Left lane for Walkley and Netherthorpe Road, middle and right for ahead down to Broad Lane, and right for Upper Hanover.

In theory it looks ok to go in the middle lane for Netherthorpe, but I wouldn't and don't. More likely to get clumped I think.

Left lane for Walkley and Netherthorpe Road, middle and right for ahead down to Broad Lane, and right for Upper Hanover.

In theory it looks ok to go in the middle lane for Netherthorpe, but I wouldn't and don't. More likely to get clumped I think.

I agree with all of that.

The lane markings and signs aren't very clear. COming from Hanover to Walkley it's left lane too but that's not obvious either as that is marked left turn for Brook Hill.

Left lane OK if you exit into the LH Lane of Netherthorpe Rd.However ,middle Lane also OK if you exit into the RH lane of Netherthorpe Rd.

It was so much more exciting when they had the experimental mini roundabouts at each intersection so that you could avoid going all the way round the roundabout if turning right.

Can't understand why this didn't catch on.:)

i wasnt aware there was lanes on brook hill just a free for all