I hate being ripped off with the cost of razor blades. Do you?

Cheapest way around this problem. Don't shave - have a full beard, like I have had for the last 40 odd years, saved a small fortune on shaving gear.

Angel1.

OMG. I've been under the impression that angelfire1 is a woman!!!!!!:roll:

---------- Post added 09-04-2017 at 09:05 ----------

We take the supply of razor blades for granted these days but I wonder if any oldies on here remember this.

The barber that my Dad took me to when I was about 7 or 8 had a stock of stainless steel blades which were like gold dust and were only sold to his regulars (and probably the best tippers).

These blades, according to Dad, lasted much longer that the usual non stainless ones.

The cost was 6d and it was one blade per favoured customer.

This was in the late 40s.

But I expect that Sheffield, city of steel, were well supplied with these blades.

Has anyone questioned Fernand's motives in staunchly defending the manufacturers of disposable razors. Possibly a bit like the Bush administration when dad and lad were Presidents of the USA defending the oil companies, in their case by going to war. The reason - Bush Snr & Jnr had links to oil companis. Does Fernand work for one of the manufacturers of razors. The only times I've heard such feeble excuses and spineless bowing and scraping to powers that be is when the spineless one works for the powers that be.

Cheapest way around this problem. Don't shave - have a full beard, like I have had for the last 40 odd years, saved a small fortune on shaving gear.

Angel1.

I'm well into saving money when it comes to facial hair, or head hair in general. I have a set of rechargeable hair clippers. Every couple of weeks or so I stand in the bath and use the clippers to remove all my beard to leave a stubble. I then fit a length guard, or whatever they're called, and trim my hair. All the hair falls into the bath, and I shower the lot away. Then repeat every few weeks.

If nobody bought them surely the price would fall.

Simples

---------- Post added 09-04-2017 at 19:18 ----------

So grow a beard and stop yer wingin::0

And look like a tramp?

I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.