I hate being ripped off with the cost of razor blades. Do you?

I accidentally purchased some of the older mid range Gillette razors instead of the new vibrating top of the range ones, and do you know what? I didn't notice any difference!

hiya i remember when i bought my first stainless steel razor blade it was around 1963ish, the shopkeeper said they would last weeks ,the price was 10d each, a pint of beer was 6/7d more.

It takes time for the skin to adjust to an electric shaver, maybe 2-3 months

Really?...Why?....I have noticed when I tried to switch to an electric, it basically made my face raw, and sore....

I have to say that buying an electric one is a bit of a minefield. The prices vary from a tenner to several hundred quid. Of course you can't 'try' any of them before you actually buy one, obviously for hygiene reasons. So I've always been very reluctant to go 'expensive' in case I just don't get on with it. Then of course you're stuck with it....you can't sell it on second hand...hahaha

I usually use Gillette Sensor (2 blades) or Mach3 (3 blades), and whilst I think there was an improvement in two blades over one (stereo shaving) I can't say I notice much improvement in three over two, and none at all with five blades. Can anybody else?

Also, with the Sensor I can get to those annoying whiskers just under the nose that the Fusion can't get too.

Am I right in thinking that I've seen some Fusion blades that come with a single blade on the reverse? If so that's sort of admitting that they're rubbish.

I got a safety razor a few years back - one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Merkur-1904-Double-Safety-Razor/dp/B001EGN7KE/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1411486584&sr=8-9&keywords=safety+razor

Blades are about 10-20p each and the shave is much better than any of the Gillette-type rubbish. Only took a couple of shaves to get used to and I find I cut myself much less with these too.

[quote=

Wouldn't that be the same as a few people have put links on about?....Basically a blade sharpener / cleaner?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005BQ7Y98/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah i saw that after i posted my message! Seems a good idea if it does really work. My dragons den reference was going back maybe five or six years so im obviously a bit out of touch with mens razor products lol

However, as a woman i still buy my own blades and use my partners razor, as believe me, they still last a lot longer than the pathetic womens one shave only razors out there. Maybe ive just got gorilla thick hair or something lol. :hihi:

Far less effective though.

hiya i remember buying a razor for my dad in the 60s it was one that worked like a film roll but he said it dosen't shave you very good, my answer to him was, you don't feel you have had a shave unless you have little bits of tissue stuck on your face,still i still have his razor and it is still like it was and he died in 72, it is a gilliette screw type for ordinary blades.