I hate being ripped off with the cost of razor blades. Do you?

If you're interested you can get them from Amazon, you can also pick up 13 Mach 3 blades for £20 from the Boots website.

That's the thing, as they were phasing out Mach 3s I binned it. That said I will look at the price difference between the two in terms of blades.

I don't mind paying a 'premium'....But I do mind paying an obscene premium. That's my point.

Yes I accept your premise that they will charge what they think people will pay. But as I say, it's the obscenity of it that bugs.

Yep I could shop around and get cheap(er) ones, like the one's you point out from Boots on line.

Genuine question: Does anything ever irritate you? Just because!...(well apart from me that is)....

Just grow a beard and stop whinging. All the moaning in the world is not going to reduce the gulf between production costs and purchase price.

Just grow a beard and stop whinging. All the moaning in the world is not going to reduce the gulf between production costs and purchase price.

I don't like a beard on me...it's all itchy and scratchy.....;)

I don't like a beard on me...it's all itchy and scratchy.....;)

Only if you have lice ;)

Why not burn your face and thus destroying your hair follicles :D

Only if you have lice ;)

Why not burn your face and thus destroying your hair follicles :D

What an outrageous thing to say :shocked:

Sorry, I am sure you don't have lice :)

So I only have to set fire to my face?...Phew...that's a relief !!!

(incidentally, that happens when I shave with a blunt razor too) :)

The ridiculous prices of razor blades only really started going mental when the manufacturers started trying to outdo each other on how many blades they could get into a razor blade. Fortunately we seem to have stopped this one-upmanship at a maximum of five or something otherwise we'd have been looking at something about the size of your fist with 20 blades in by now.

But yes, I agree - prices are ridiculous and I've grown a beard.

This is a marketing problem. You've been convinced that using 4 or 5 blades and the latest model is the only way and it isn't. There was a point when these things weren't available and people managed just fine. Its not the brand name its how you shave and the way you take care of your face and the razors.

Use good quality shave gel to lubricate while you shave and make sure you clean the razors thoroughly during and after the shave and you'll make them last longer and shave better.

I use wilko's razors which cost about 2 quid for a pack of ten and they shave fine and last for ages. I refuse to give money directly to Gillette or Wilkinson Sword because they are ripoff merchants.

I refuse to give money directly to the people that sell good quality shave gels to lubricate when I've got soap and water. It's marketing that's convinced us to use gels and foams. :hihi:

The ridiculous prices of razor blades only really started going mental when the manufacturers started trying to outdo each other on how many blades they could get into a razor blade. Fortunately we seem to have stopped this one-upmanship at a maximum of five or something otherwise we'd have been looking at something about the size of your fist with 20 blades in by now.

But yes, I agree - prices are ridiculous and I've grown a beard.

Oh heck I'm going to have to rush out and buy one of these now :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Apparently when razor blades go blunt, chances are they're not really blunt but just dull from the residues of hair and skin that collect on the blades.

Buy yourself a Razorpit sharpener:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razorpit-RP-O-B-Razor-Blade-Sharpener/dp/B004W2UMDW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411470062&sr=8-1&keywords=razor+sharpener

Those lubricating strips are a marketing gimmick to make you think the blade needs to be binned.

I've been using :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005BQ7Y98/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

which is essentially the same thing and a Mach3 blade lasts me for about 3 months before I think it's ready for a new one.