"Police under pressure" bbc tv 9pm 23/6/14

I found the really sad thing was that those kids on the Cross (and the Roma) were destined to end up like that. A result of truly awful parenting.

What was the point of their parents having children that they had no clue how to look after. How sad is that?

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Well said.

We get the Police we pay for and if we don't pay we don't get many.

The Section 30 worked, up to a point, with enough Police to make arrests if needed with plenty left over to retain the Police presence. If the normal level of Policing is in place - 1 arrest will take two officers off the street . . . leaving none.

They also Police with the consent of the community. If withheld, Policing becomes very difficult.

How many people would give statements to then suffer weeks and months of victimisation, to be followed by derisory sentences from middle class magistrates who 'understand' the difficult misunderstood position of the offender. Not me.

Cut the cr**.

We cannot/will not pay for a Police Service that has resources to effectively sort this problem. It is not their job to enforce good manners.

Lock your doors, make your home a sound proofed fortress or move out.

Agree with a lot of what you're saying but not the first line if last night is anything to go by and the recent fiasco around Abbeydale Rd.

What would be the point in employing more cops if they're of the standard of those on last nights programme?

How many times did we hear "we can't do anything" last night and on here and Radio Sheff re Abbeydale Rd?

It's toe curling and embarrassing to hear it.

There's plenty of legislation to deal with these issues, but it would seem that the current cops don't have the intelligence or capability to implement said laws.

What kind of message does the attitude mentioned give to the wrong doer other than carry on regardless?

Makes you fear for the future.

Easy for you to say but my dad lived a happy life in Heeley often watching the birds on his back garden because he couldn't leave his bedroom until two green minorettes appeared in his view. He said it was an eyesore he just couldn't take any more and quickly became sick and died.:mad

How do two minarets (which, if your dad lived in Heeley, could have been no nearer than across the street) prevent your father from seeing his own garden? They didn't build them on his garden, FGS... Unless the minarets bricked up the window of some random house that we weren't told about, you're talking total lies and rubbish.

I ought to start moaning about the newly built extension from the old folks home round the corner from me. It's round the corner and up the hill from me, but hey, I'm sure that they can see through the wall and through the trees into my house, invading my privacy!!

Edited by Plain Talker

Agreed. I imagine it's more frustrating for the police themselves, wanting to do the right appropriate thing, but then having their hands tied by the politicians or whoever it is who decides what powers the polic have and don't have.

What happened to social responsibility and ownership within the community? People don't take ownership and are too afraid to "grass", well guess what, there is no magic wand to fix things, its down to all of us as individuals to manage our communities

---------- Post added 24-06-2014 at 21:05 ----------

show me the legislation

then

I don't get why these topics always descend into "us and them" levels of brainless bickering. There's actual issues here which are going on, people are being marginalised and the Sovereignty no longer exists. We no longer have a General Will, we have forfeited it by giving up our responsibilities to our own liberties. If you want to blame anyone for these problems, you only need look in the mirror. Tacit complicity is the reason we're tiptoeing into an Aristocracy which will without a doubt become tyrannical, all because we're too lazy to take our own liberties back.

Stop pointing at others for the situation WE have caused.