"Police under pressure" bbc tv 9pm 23/6/14

Watched the program on BBC2, was most disappointed with the way the Police were handling the situation being an ex copper in my day 50s, 60s, etc, if someone was creating a bother like the populace of Page Hall and Parson Cross seem to be doing, they would have been taken into custody, charged with an offence and appear at court probably the next day, in my day justice was swift, and fast no exceptions and somehow it worked.

Recruit Pakistani members of the special constabulary from that Firth Park. Employ Roma Police officers (already in place in Lincolnshire). Deploy cops that actually reflect the communities they are Policing.

With no disrespect to the female Police officers in the programme, young men will respond better to older men who are not restricted in the methods of dealing with them, therefore employ and deploy former armed services personnel. Firm but fair, not to be censured for the occasional kick up the backside or slap of the head.

We get the Police we pay for and if we don't pay we don't get many.

The Section 30 worked, up to a point, with enough Police to make arrests if needed with plenty left over to retain the Police presence. If the normal level of Policing is in place - 1 arrest will take two officers off the street . . . leaving none.

They also Police with the consent of the community. If withheld, Policing becomes very difficult.

How many people would give statements to then suffer weeks and months of victimisation, to be followed by derisory sentences from middle class magistrates who 'understand' the difficult misunderstood position of the offender. Not me.

Cut the cr**.

We cannot/will not pay for a Police Service that has resources to effectively sort this problem. It is not their job to enforce good manners.

Lock your doors, make your home a sound proofed fortress or move out.

We get the Police we pay for and if we don't pay we don't get many.

The Section 30 worked, up to a point, with enough Police to make arrests if needed with plenty left over to retain the Police presence. If the normal level of Policing is in place - 1 arrest will take two officers off the street . . . leaving none.

They also Police with the consent of the community. If withheld, Policing becomes very difficult.

How many people would give statements to then suffer weeks and months of victimisation, to be followed by derisory sentences from middle class magistrates who 'understand' the difficult misunderstood position of the offender. Not me.

Cut the cr**.

We cannot/will not pay for a Police Service that has resources to effectively sort this problem. It is not their job to enforce good manners.

Lock your doors, make your home a sound proofed fortress or move out.

Dont forget that those magistrates are restricted by the law of the land, they cannot give sentences that although they know the offended deserves, but the guidelines say they can only give this or that. and from time to time they are "reminded" that the prison population is at breaking point. and that only serious offences should warrant a prison sentence.

You have a very good one to say you are a new poster!

Is that you mr smith/ivanva/maximus?

I live 250 metres away from a huge mosque and do not have any problems whatsoever

Easy for you to say but my dad lived a happy life in Heeley often watching the birds on his back garden because he couldn't leave his bedroom until two green minorettes appeared in his view. He said it was an eyesore he just couldn't take any more and quickly became sick and died.:mad

Easy for you to say but my dad lived a happy life in Heeley often watching the birds on his back garden because he couldn't leave his bedroom until two green minorettes appeared in his view. He said it was an eyesore he just couldn't take any more and quickly became sick and died.:mad

And taking all religion out of the equation that building is a blot on the land scape.

If you want to extend your house or build a garage etc the planners can make your life hell if the bricks or design are foreign to the area and yet they allowed that!

Would've been nice to hear Slovaks point of view

I have nice house, I HAVE BENEFITS! I have as many kids that come along.I like to stay out late, cause trouble and use the street as tips. Bonafide Slovak

---------- Post added 24-06-2014 at 19:45 ----------

Watched the program on BBC2, was most disappointed with the way the Police were handling the situation being an ex copper in my day 50s, 60s, etc, if someone was creating a bother like the populace of Page Hall and Parson Cross seem to be doing, they would have been taken into custody, charged with an offence and appear at court probably the next day, in my day justice was swift, and fast no exceptions and somehow it worked.
You forgot to mention the swift kicking in the back of the van and probably before and then back at the cells THAT DID THE MOST GOOD!

Think the point was Police are under pressure and with the Cuts -And Losing the battle,

Put all the Mps and Lib dem,labour,Cons Councillers in there for 2wk to live and they might get a idea whats going off in the real world!!

But its not just pressure on the Police its on Nhs , Doctors etc as well !!

The cuts dont stop the plod pulling out their truncheons and cracking heads though.