Tram Rail replacement works in Hillsborough 28/29th March to begin

Just waited 25 mind for a Y1 to turn up at Shalesmoor. Two B2 buses turned up before it. Not impressed at the replacement service at all.

there's a decent mix on here of users who have had positive journeys too (as all mine have been so far) ..sorry yours haven't.

it doesn't really take a lot of imagination tho to work out that the buses have to compete with the traffic and traffic lights on the ring road like any other road vehicle so are subject to the same delays that any other road vehicles will be and that there's very little that can be done by the organizers to get round this...

---------- Post added 02-04-2014 at 16:22 ----------

Well I used it today from Angel St to Hillsborough,no problem,but reading others,I can understand if they haven't got enough revenue collectors,stagecoach and other firm's are only interested in profit,so they running a tight ship by only employing enough staff to cope with,strange way thou 2 collect fares,when if you got a couple of staff at each stop collecting fares,will make the buses run quicker wouldn't it.........................

As regards paying on getting on the bus to the driver that's the norm on any bus these days isn't it? Buses with conductors went years ago.

i imagine they can't put conductors on all buses as the conductors will still be needed on the trams that are partially running in other areas of the city not only for fares but safety reasons?

there's a decent mix on here of users who have had positive journeys too (as all mine have been so far) ..sorry yours haven't.

it doesn't really take a lot of imagination tho to work out that the buses have to compete with the traffic and traffic lights on the ring road like any other road vehicle so are subject to the same delays that any other road vehicles will be and that there's very little that can be done by the organizers to get round this...

---------- Post added 02-04-2014 at 16:22 ----------

As regards paying on getting on the bus to the driver that's the norm on any bus these days isn't it? Buses with conductors went years ago.

i imagine they can't put conductors on all buses as the conductors will still be needed on the trams that are partially running in other areas of the city not only for fares but safety reasons?

just a few of there staff at some of the more busy stops would help,as some folk av said,as 4 traffic,they are faced with the hillsborough crossing that a monkey can do better with the traffic lights set up there. doesn't stay on green long enough 4 3 buses and a taxi or 2 never mind cars between 10-3pm.

Just waited 25 mind for a Y1 to turn up at Shalesmoor. Two B2 buses turned up before it. Not impressed at the replacement service at all.

But that can happen with the tram, i have waited at the Uni stop on many occassions waiting for a yellow tram only for 2 blue ones to come through (not at the same time i might add....)

But that can happen with the tram, i have waited at the Uni stop on many occassions waiting for a yellow tram only for 2 blue ones to come through (not at the same time i might add....)

I've never had to wait 25mins for one (even with 2 blue ones turning up). *with the exception of accidents of course*

I had only just missed a 57 bus and the next one passed us when the Y1 was at a bus stop at Hillsborough.

I've made it to work on time so far this week (just watch that Jinx it). Pretty sure you know how it is when you just want get home after work and stuff.

Tram users are used to paying in a more civilised fashion though - sat down at their leisure.

And usually with notes.

It'll be a bit of a culture shock to many having to slum it.

Traffic is going to be horrendous this weekend, especially on Sunday. Works starts on Middlewood Rd (Hillsborough corner) this weekend and half the roads will be closed on Sunday due to the Sheffield half marathon. Be prepared for delays if travelling.

Why is Sheffield tram called "SUPER" tram?

I don't get the point, Amsterdam has a far greater tram system and Toronto has a much bigger tram system as well.

They don't brag about it or give it some silly name as if it is something super when it is just a tram, nothing more.

It is always so funny to see locals call everything super and fantastic while it is just something simple and ordinary.

What if they installed a subway here? Would they call it a city super shuttle instead of just calling it an underground?

Supertram is just a tram, its great, its fine but it is just a normal tram, nothing bad, but also nothing super. Should have been called "Sheffield tram"

Does this happen because Sheffield is struggling with its image?

Why is Sheffield tram called "SUPER" tram?

I don't get the point, Amsterdam has a far greater tram system and Toronto has a much bigger tram system as well.

They don't brag about it or give it some silly name as if it is something super when it is just a tram, nothing more.

It is always so funny to see locals call everything super and fantastic while it is just something simple and ordinary.

What if they installed a subway here? Would they call it a city super shuttle instead of just calling it an underground?

Supertram is just a tram, its great, its fine but it is just a normal tram, nothing bad, but also nothing super. Should have been called "Sheffield tram"

Does this happen because Sheffield is struggling with its image?

Sheffield was one of the first of the current generation of UK tramways - before then people's view of a tram was the sort of vintage tramcar you see at Crich and other heritage tramways and also associate with purely street running.

Supertram was a big modern train like vehicle which runs on both street and on faster segregated railway.