Tram Rail replacement works in Hillsborough 28/29th March to begin

Well, I've had cause to write to First today requesting that they make their drivers aware of the increased hazards around the interchange with the traffic build up and temporary lights, after one of their buses (this means you, driver of the number 38 leaving Hillsborough interchange at 08:52!) pulled out without looking properly straight into the path of a cycle heading along Langsett Road towards Hillsborough.

If I hadn't been on a mountain bike, and been on my usual road bike, I may have been in the tram tracks and off, possibly under the front of the bus

It may well be that the increase distractions contributed to this, it's not my usual experience of cycling there daily therefore I was not so much making a complaint as a request to remind drivers of the need for care

There are plenty of places where comfortable trams run fast on streets or railway. They have given these systems a normal name, not something silly like as if the tram is something super from outer space or beyond the rest of the worlds development.

nottingham's is operated by NET - nottingham express transit - it isn't just sheffield that has to ponce it up to make it sound more interesting

nottingham's is operated by NET - nottingham express transit - it isn't just sheffield that has to ponce it up to make it sound more interesting

I think it happened because the system was started by politicians and developed under their control. Politicians always try to make ordinary simple things look like something special.

Has anyone noticed the Meadowhall and Halfway trams have become much more punctual since they stopped going to Hillsborough....?

And it is easier to drive through Hillsborough! (Not that I would want the tram to stop going to Hillsborough)

Any normal city calls their tram by the name of the city or name of the company operating it.

By calling Sheffieldtram a supertram is a childish attempt to pretend as if Sheffield is not normal like the rest of the world but something supernormal above the rest of the world.

Just been on the tram, its great, but nothing more special than any other trams I have been on in other places. How come it is something super in Sheffield like it is some weird out of space beyond ordinary sense kind of miracle in sheffield?

It makes it look silly and foolish to call it SUPER Tram. My friends always laugh about it asking why this tram is so super versus a normal tram.

It's not branding to the outsider it's branding to Sheffielders, at inception of Supertram the image of trams in Sheffield would have been derived from the old style Sheffield Tramways.

Anyway the replacement bus service seemed quite quick last night, going from the City Centre to Hillsborough was about 25 minutes and this was rush hour, good thinking from Stagecoach to run the buses from Castle Street saves loads of time going through the city centre.

Edited by smiggs

Can I just ask something......has anyone using the replacement bus from Middlewood been approached by First staff who are trying to sell their cheaper weekly bus passes (in line with their current Bus vs Tram campaign)???

Thing is First haven't run a bus on Middlewood Road since 2007 (following the floods and the land slippage).....they are telling me on Twitter that they pulled out because Stagecoach started their STL...which actually is wrong....the STL was put in place BECAUSE there was no bus provided by First...even though they still "owned" the route.

I have it on GOOD authority that First staff have been at Middlewood trying to persuade people not to get on the replacement tram bus....and to buy one of their cheaper weekly passes......but what I can't fathom here is.....if First don't run a bus on Middlewood Road...exactly where would a First pass holder need to be to catch a First bus.

I would be very interested if you have seen the First staff or indeed have been approached by a ticket seller....and even more interested if you bought a ticket and where you caught your bus from? Thanks. :)