Should teachers go on strike?

The teachers lose pay by being on strike.

The kids lose education because their teachers are on strike.

Parents lose nothing. They can pay for child care out of their wages. Schools exist to educate kids, not to provide child care for parents who want to work. They should make their own arrangements.

Parents have to work to provide a home for their children. Children should be at school during the day, being trained by the teachers who in turn are being paid to provide a service.

Why should parents and children be penalised for teachers striking. Why should parents have to pay extra for childcare or lose earnings because teachers won't work.

If teachers aren't happy with the conditions, pensions, etc then go work for someone else and i'm sure there are many up and coming teachers willing to step into the shoes of teachers who are unwilling to work.

Pensions as with most other workers, get a private pensions

Hours - again most workers are being pushed to do more hours with no extra pay

Holidays - most workers only get 4 weeks, some only 3 and agency staff even worse.

Edited by walkerx

Hours - again most workers are being pushed to do more hours with no extra pay.

Holidays - most workers only get 4 weeks, some only 3 and agency staff even worse.

Good luck to them; I know of a newly qualified teacher that is working untill 7pm. There is more to teaching than just showing up at lesson times.

I know some railway workers, and they earn £30K plus, teachers should be well rewarded.

Even if you do not have children, they are one of the most important professions to our society.

Whats a good teacher and whats a bad teacher?

Its not like it was in the old days in the 70s and 80s

SO whos best?

The teacher who teaches in a leafy part of Sheffield, whos parents (the kids parents) both hold down professional jobs and can afford additional tutoring and of course afford to live in the best parts of Sheffield - the teacher who teaches these kids and gets a 90% pass rate

or

The teacher who works in a poorer part of Sheffield, where many kids can't speak English, the kids parents have social problems (drugs, alcohol etc...) where the mother has a prosession of different men wandering in and out of the family home - the teacher who teachers these kids has a far lower pass rate, but then his/her pupils have many problems that the teacher who teaches in the leafy area does not have to contend with

WHo has the hardest job? in my opinion Teacher number 2, so their pass rates are lower - do who is the best teacher?

im sorry but teachers never had it so easy, teaching assistants ect ect, when i was at school 30 years ago there was no such thing, so teachers moaning about performance pay, tough, thats just as it should be, get rid of the crap ones that destroy kids education and the rest of their lives

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

im sorry but teachers never had it so easy, teaching assistants ect ect, when i was at school 30 years ago there was no such thing, so teachers moaning about performance pay, tough, thats just as it should be, get rid of the crap ones that destroy kids education and the rest of their lives

Total Posts: 3,706

The UKIP conference end tune.

The pressures and work load of a teacher now are much greater than they were 30 years ago

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawny1970

The pressures and work load of a teacher now are much greater than they were 30 years ago

no, 30 years ago class sizes were bigger, no teaching assistants doing 30% of a teachers job, they have it easy now compared to 30 years ago, im sorry but teaching is a choice, NOT a job, those treating it as a job are the teachers underperforming and would be removed, thats why they striking, thinking about themselves and not the children

---------- Post added 21-09-2013 at 19:07 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawny1970

Total Posts: 3,706

The UKIP conference end tune.

???, your point being, sorry dont understand your post

Sorry, when did you say you were teaching?

---------- Post added 21-09-2013 at 19:43 ----------

Parents have to work to provide a home for their children. Children should be at school during the day, being trained by the teachers who in turn are being paid to provide a service.

Why should parents and children be penalised for teachers striking. Why should parents have to pay extra for childcare or lose earnings because teachers won't work.

If teachers aren't happy with the conditions, pensions, etc then go work for someone else and i'm sure there are many up and coming teachers willing to step into the shoes of teachers who are unwilling to work.

Hours - again most workers are being pushed to do more hours with no extra pay

What you mean is that they lose their free child care.

sisisi, i take it you are a teacher?, and by the way, i never implied that i tought at any point in my posts, so why ask where i teach?, or was it as i suspect a sly dig!!

When teachers stop turning out dunces and idiots and do a proper job then they can have a pay rise. Until then they can get stuffed.

And maybe when they work a full year instead of having more holidays than Alan Wicker they may deserve a pay rise.

Teachers still work during their holidays you know, it's not like they go and sit on a beach for 6 weeks straight.

And maybe when they work a full year instead of having more holidays than Alan Wicker they may deserve a pay /QUOTE]

Uncorrectamundo Desmundo.