Ashes discussion thread

SpikeMac

I recall Shane Warne singleing out Ian Bell as Englands weakest batsman,earlier in Bells career,so it must have been a sweet series for him,as without doubt hes been the BEST batsman the entire series and a real thorn for Australia.

Bresnan took vital wickets yesterday,Warners was pivotal,but also added vital runs.

Harris looked the pick of the Aussie bowlers.

But it was Broad with that superb show late on that turned this game,just as Oz looked to be steadily taking the game away.

when i left the office last night, australia were something like 140 for 1 and i was thinking "here we go again"

by the time i got home it was all over - fantastic bowling performance by Broad (although i'm not one of his biggest fans)

3-0 up after four tests is a great performance by England, but sadly i think it is more down to a poor Australia team - you can only beat who is in front of you etc etc, but we're not yet a great team

England actually had Rogers out very early but appealed for the wrong decision,he was out LB but they appealed for a catch!!

Reckon 350s about par at Durham so once again our batters have missed the boat and we rely on our bowlers to limit the damage,the batting has been woefull,Root needs some protection before his confidence takes a knock and Compton should have been brought back after the OT test with Tremlet or Finn in for Brezzie.

Reckon wel face around a ton deficit around tea tomorrow.

Once again the Oz bowlers have looked pretty average at best.

Apparently that ruling is reverting back next year to what it used to be in that the appeal covers all forms of dismissal.

• 2 weeks later...