Ashes discussion thread

SpikeMac

Exciting but woeful standard of cricket today. Personally I'm quite happy to see root scratch about and try and play himself into form. We need two good sessions to be home and hosed but there aren't any guarantees bell will come to the rescue (I never thought I'd ever be typing the last bit). We could be bowling again by tea.

I thought Roots patient,sensible approach,to see off the new ball without playing any rash shots,and wait for thier bowlers to tire was an absolute masterstroke,exactly what i was saying to our gurt last night,it needed a boycott knock to really ram home the advantage.Hope he goes on to get a double ton in the morning session,then put the aussies in after lunch and unleash Swan.

Englands bowling attack is far superior,with Root,we could play two spinners if need be,its been a joy to watch and Aussie really need to up thier game,Siddle looking thier main threat,Watsons played well,but its hard to pick out anyone else and bodes well for the return series down under.

As for us,i cant understand why the likes of Cooke and Pietersen didnt use this opportunity to play the innings Root has and get back into nick.

Edited by staninoodle

is today the last day of this test.? could the Aussies bat it out for a draw.?

Nope, only day 4 but the Aussies are making a go of it. Set fair for lords tommorow, but could be thunderstorms anywhere. Slightly concerned and would like two more wickets by tea.