Ashes discussion thread

SpikeMac

• 2 weeks later...
Had enough of DRS now it should just be used for stumpings and run outs only!

Been a funny old day. I heard smiths caught behind that never was - where on earth did it come from ? Is hotspot knackered? Umpiring has been awful - swam get via a review which he shouldn't have done and then they miss an lbw hitting middle of middle. I never thought we'd win 5-0 (although we will win the series) but with our penchant for a proper collapse once a series and they have some quick bowlers who might do well on this surface, this is might not go our way.

I was in the emirates on the final rain soaked day,only 20 overs were bowled,youd have to say that was to our advantage,Englands batting has been woefully poor,but this test the aussies took first knock and applied the pressure and we looked very short of matching them.

Hopefully a one off....

Im not going upto the games at Durham,at £80 and no concessions il watch an online stream,thats just ridiculous,id have payed 40 for the lad but no way im paying up full price for both tickets.

Wev retained the urn without a real contest,Oz still have fight but lack any real quality,Finn would have LOVED the emirates,pace and bounce,but thats another story.

So onto durham and looks set fair,hopefully a full five days again for those whove forked out!

Im not going upto the games at Durham,at £80 and no concessions il watch an online stream,thats just ridiculous,id have payed 40 for the lad but no way im paying up full price for both tickets.

Wev retained the urn without a real contest,Oz still have fight but lack any real quality,Finn would have LOVED the emirates,pace and bounce,but thats another story.

I have tickets for the Sunday. £75 for adults and £20 for juniors. That's not too bad. Mind you, I did buy them two years ago:D

I'm looking forward to this game. England should be fired up after their poor showing in Manchester. I hope they resist the temptation to play Onions.

---------- Post added 07-08-2013 at 10:36 ----------

I will never understand a sport you can win because it rained:huh:

They didn't win, they drew.

That is different from a tie, by the way:D

Fully expect the same lineup, which is harsh on onions but the OT test was harsh on tremlett. Still wouldn't like to call it though - our top 3 aren't in great nick and neither is prior, and their seamers aren't bad. There will be a result if the weather holds but the winner will be the side with the least awful batting collapse.

Hopefully the Durham test will have none of the bizare decisions that have dogged this series so far.Im at a loss to explain how so many referred decisions have been fudged.

No poor decisions, just some very poor shot selection. Really rubbish. Need some changing in the batting lineup I think.

No poor decisions, just some very poor shot selection. Really rubbish. Need some changing in the batting lineup I think.

Really good bowling though. They gave England nothing all day.

I suspect that we have made a competitive score. Australia will need to go well past us to stay in the game, if the wicket deteriorates as expected.