Old Blockbuster Video Shop - Gleadless

Supermarkets don't really care if there is another supermarket a stones throw away. But I can't see it being an 'M' as it seems too small.

KFC would be amazing although I would become poor and obese.

Hmmm...another curry house to add to the five already in that area?

Not strictly related but same area - does anybody know what is to become of the old Mac's diy shop? It has been refurbished for what seems like years, and the rumour was that Tesco were taking it, but just like the blockbuster shop it would appear to be too small. Any ideas?

please not morrisons or kfc. wouldn't it be nice if it became a continental food store that sold spices, cured meats, foreign beers etc and stayed open forever like the ones on london road! :love:

Any update yet? Went for my hair cut other week at Wiseguys and asked one of the builders as I was passing what it was going to be, he said he didn't know =/

Hmmm...another curry house to add to the five already in that area?

Not strictly related but same area - does anybody know what is to become of the old Mac's diy shop? It has been refurbished for what seems like years, and the rumour was that Tesco were taking it, but just like the blockbuster shop it would appear to be too small. Any ideas?

Next or Ikea?

i do know for sure that morrisons supermarket hav bought most of blockbusters stores to convert into local 'M' stores, whether the one at gleadless is going to be used this way i dont know though

Morrisons have bought around 30 of the larger Blockbuster stores, they had over 400 stores, not exactly most of them Bassy, so not sure where you info came from.

just passed today, and its going to be a mobility shop, owned by clarks and partners

I remember when it was a Co-op grocers and butchers.

Ended up being a wheelchair / mobility shop if anyone's interested.

Morrisons have bought around 30 of the larger Blockbuster stores, they had over 400 stores, not exactly most of them Bassy, so not sure where you info came from.

I work for the company and my info came from a staff meeting telling us so, although if plans for the shops they purchased have changed in any way we haven't been updated since initial meeting telling us they had bought them....so who knows

Edited by bassy