Ten commandments re-written;

Blame the government then. They have the power to make changes to the constitution. You cant blame the church for not wanting to change the status quo. It's up to the politicians you elect. Organize and lobby for change

Your original question was as to why some atheists are concerned about religion. Now you seem to be saying that they should be more than concerned and take political action.

Your original question was as to why some atheists are concerned about religion. Now you seem to be saying that they should be more than concerned and take political action.

Bizarre isn't it, it's almost as if the reason didn't really matter and he just likes to attack atheism. Of course that's definitely not it though :rolleyes:

No one has to read the bible and no one has to follow the ten commandments. Why do atheists concern themselves so much about these matters.

If bibles and commandments are irrelevent to their existence then just dont bother about it

I was brought up religious, I am now an atheist. I had to read the babble.

Let's see you write up a revised set of commandments that you consider far more relevent to todays world.

Have you not read the thread? He already did:rolleyes:.

These commandments are completely worthless.

These ones sound good in principle but in practise are an intolerable curtail of our freedoms.

these ones are good, but they were already around in the code of hammurabi, we don't need god or moses in order to have them.

So looking after your folk is curtailing your freedoms ?

Sounds like you are fully backing the code of Hammurabi ? Is that the case jimmy ?

Bizarre isn't it, it's almost as if the reason didn't really matter and he just likes to attack atheism. Of course that's definitely not it though :rolleyes:

Yes. Those atheists are all wrong for reason A. And if somerone disprooves that, post reason B instead, irrespective of the fact it totally contradicts reason A. The Lord works in mysterious ways!

So looking after your folk is curtailing your freedoms ?
No, but making absolute rules about what you can/cannot say and about what consenting adults do in private is.

Sounds like you are fully backing the code of Hammurabi ?
Does it really? wow, you are quite far gone.

Is that the case jimmy ?
No.

The only reason its worth mentioning is that you have referred to the 10 commandments as being 'original'. Hammurabi's code proves that they are not.

This thread was started by a theist who clearly thinks that we humans don't have a right to change the commandments in the the bible.

If people like him did not exist then there would be no need for us to concern ourselves with the 10 commandments.

Sounds like you agree with the Gergio guide stones !

I have not heard any one condem the wrightings on these american stone henge ?

I'm assuming you all supporting them!?

Some elite group within the USA have re-written the ten commandments for the whole of humanity*

The Gergio guide stones were erected in secret at a huge cost , undertaken by a secret group,

Do the ten commandments need re- writing ?

How will a population reduction of 6.5 billion take place ?

How do religious people feel about thier original commandments having a make over ?

i like number 8, but it all sounded good

Truthlogic, you've brought up the 10 commandments a fair few times on this forum. And I've pointed out to you several times that I think they are crap primarily because there is no prohibition of slavery or rape. Each time you have declined to comment on this, so now I am going to ask you directly. Seeing as I've answered all your questions to me, hopefully you will do me the same courtesy. Ok, here goes...

Do you think that rape and slavery should be prohibited?

If the answer to that is 'yes' then my second question is why do you think the 10 commandments does not prohibit rape and slavery?

If your answer to the first question is no, then, erm... I dunno, we'll deal with that if it arises.

Sounds like you agree with the Gergio guide stones !

I have not heard any one condem the wrightings on these american stone henge ?

I'm assuming you all supporting them!?

I haven't heard you condemn the senseless killing of puppies.

I assume you support it?

:rolleyes:

Truthlogic, you've brought up the 10 commandments a fair few times on this forum. And I've pointed out to you several times that I think they are crap primarily because there is no prohibition of slavery or rape. Each time you have declined to comment on this, so now I am going to ask you directly. Seeing as I've answered all your questions to me, hopefully you will do me the same courtesy. Ok, here goes...

Do you think that rape and slavery should be prohibited?

If the answer to that is 'yes' then my second question is why do you think the 10 commandments does not prohibit rape and slavery?

If your answer to the first question is no, then, erm... I dunno, we'll deal with that if it arises.

The guidestones also do not condem slavery , or murder and even suggest genocide or at best forced sterilisation !

I always thought Prince Buster's version of the ten commandments was the true version