Ten commandments re-written;

You can find the Royal Wedding on youtube are you claiming that never happened and it was posted by drug fueled crack pots???

What you're claiming though is that if the title of the video was "Aliens disguised as royal couple" then it must be true because it shows the royal couple, so they must be aliens in disguise, the video shows them, it's proof.

Nobody has suggested that ALL Youtube videos are lies. However, it is a foolish to suggest that they are all lies as to suggest they are all truthful.

Because, simply, anyone can create anything and upload it to Youtube. If I wanted I could create a video which had (ex) president Bush saying "truthlogic is a bot created by the CIA" and upload it there - that isn't proof or evidence that he actually said such a thing though.

The main problem with the conspiracy videos on Youtube is the complete lack of sourcing - saying where the material used in the videos came from. Without that it is impossible (unless you happen to by coincidence know where it came from) to decide if the extracts you see have been taken in context, or in what capacity the extracts were produced. Look at some of truthlogics videos where he says it's proof of the illuminati existing because it's been mentioned on mainstream media - almost all of the occurances were the result of someone playing against their stereotype, or a discussion of the conspiracy theory itself. None of them were proof that they exist, however, as demonstrated, by taking the comments out of context, it was possible to make a video which made it seem like the media companies were saying exactly that.

You find the same problems with many of the conspiracy websites - and especially rather than linking to factual sources for their evidence, they link to other conspiracy sites which post the same thing. This isn't evidence.

If a Youtube video is the only evidence of a conspiracy existing, then you can be fairly sure it's a complete work of fiction. This is why me, as well as others, ask for sources and proof of claims made in the videos. Without those you can not be confident of anything the video producer says or claims.

Then you can say that for any kind of media because even mainstream media like the BBC has truth and lies as many people know.

What you're claiming though is that if the title of the video was "Aliens disguised as royal couple" then it must be true because it shows the royal couple, so they must be aliens in disguise, the video shows them, it's proof.

Keep up Bulgarian! My point was that ALL Youtube videos should not be dismissed as false because they come from the same database.

Keep up Bulgarian! My point was that ALL Youtube videos should not be dismissed as false because they come from the same database.

yes they should, how can you tell which are true ?

Then you can say that for any kind of media because even mainstream media like the BBC has truth and lies as many people know.

In some ways, yes you can.

A large part of my work involves manipulation of moving images. That might be completely innocent -such as adjusting colour balance to give the impression of a bright sunny day, so that a sequence of shots match. Unfortunately, we had unexpected clouds on one of them.

Use of shadow and lighting lets me place a computer generated monster in a realistic scene, well timed cutting can give a different spin to something that was actually said.

News journalists however, generally work with quotes from reliable sources. It's part of their ethical code. Something that tends to be missing from conspiracy theorist videos on YouTube.

Of all news media, the BBC is by and large the most trustworthy. Occaisionally less than correct, maybe. But they usually revise the story as more facts become available.

yes they should, how can you tell which are true ?

Sources of information i.e Organisations, Speakers ect.

Imagery and sound

common sense & a pinch of salt

And always follow with and additional report search.

Don't get me wrong many Youtube videos are trash but there are ones that contain true information that prove conspiracies right, all you need is an interest in them and to build your own research it takes time and commitment.

Us few here in SF are helping British people wake up to the hell that is coming in the near future. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT! ITS YOUR LIFE...

Us few here in SF are helping British people wake up to the hell that is coming in the near future. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT! ITS YOUR LIFE...

Actually, no, you're spreading half-truths and lies, and worse, you're doing your damnedest to spread a net of fear as far and wide as you possibly can.

If this is your 'truth' then I'll see you a healthy dose of reality and I'll be happy to live in blissful ignorance.

Actually, no, you're spreading half-truths and lies, and worse, you're doing your damnedest to spread a net of fear as far and wide as you possibly can.

If this is your 'truth' then I'll see you a healthy dose of reality and I'll be happy to live in blissful ignorance.

So who here does not believe that there is a huge monument in Georgia US that has a NEW list of commandments???

So who here does not believe that there is a huge monument in Georgia US that has a NEW list of commandments???

There is no need to "believe" it exists, it actually really does exists, you can go and see it, no belief is required, it's a solid real thing.

As for whats written on it, thats down to personal interpretation, applying your "common sense & pinch of salt" method of detecting truth, I conclude it doesn't pose any threat to world safety and I shouldn't really worry about it.