Ten commandments re-written;

Oh I saw your kind on Scarborough beach this morning eyeing up the donkeys with an unhealthy fascination...

Or (like me), is that not what you meant :P

Well there are ones that go 'hee haw' and others that go 'paarrp' but. having put it like that, none of them now seem attractive. :hihi:

No one has to read the bible

I had religion forced down my throat at school. Perhaps you agree that all schools should be secular and religious schools abolished?

Why do atheists concern themselves so much about these matters. If bibles and commandments are irrelevent to their existence then just dont bother about it

As long as the Church has favoured status in our society, it will concern those who aren't religious.

Why is the Church of England given state recognition? Is there a similarly empowered council of atheists?

Why are religious organizations exempt from tax? Is there a similar proviso for non-believers?

Remember when Cherie Blair handed down a lenient sentence to a man just because he was religious? (link)

These kinds of sleights and church biased favoritism permeate our society.

I had religion forced down my throat at school. Perhaps you agree that all schools should be secular and religious schools abolished?

As long as the Church has favoured status in our society, it will concern those who aren't religious.

Why is the Church of England given state recognition? Is there a similarly empowered council of atheists?

Why are religious organizations exempt from tax? Is there a similar proviso for non-believers?

Remember when Cherie Blair handed down a lenient sentence to a man just because he was religious? (link)

These kinds of sleights and church biased favoritism permeate our society.

Blame the government then. They have the power to make changes to the constitution. You cant blame the church for not wanting to change the status quo. It's up to the politicians you elect. Organize and lobby for change

Blame the government then. They have the power to make changes to the constitution. You cant blame the church for not wanting to change the status quo. It's up to the politicians you elect. Organize and lobby for change

But when we do that people like you are just go around calling us 'extremist atheists' and saying that we're just as bad as the religious or something equally retarded.

This thread was started by a theist who clearly thinks that we humans don't have a right to change the commandments in the the bible.

If people like him did not exist then there would be no need for us to concern ourselves with the 10 commandments.

You've already stated that the ten commandments are a crap set of rules. Fair enough. Let's see you write up a revised set of commandments that you consider far more relevent to todays world.

"Rules for a humanitarion existence" might be a good title. There now I've made a start and will leave you to carry on with the rest.

I'm off to the golf course. Looking forward to seeing your work later this PM jimmy :D: thumbsup:

Your original question was as to why some atheists are concerned about religion. Now you seem to be saying that they should be more than concerned and take political action.

Your original question was as to why some atheists are concerned about religion. Now you seem to be saying that they should be more than concerned and take political action.

Bizarre isn't it, it's almost as if the reason didn't really matter and he just likes to attack atheism. Of course that's definitely not it though :rolleyes:

No one has to read the bible and no one has to follow the ten commandments. Why do atheists concern themselves so much about these matters.

If bibles and commandments are irrelevent to their existence then just dont bother about it

I was brought up religious, I am now an atheist. I had to read the babble.

Let's see you write up a revised set of commandments that you consider far more relevent to todays world.

Have you not read the thread? He already did:rolleyes:.

These commandments are completely worthless.

These ones sound good in principle but in practise are an intolerable curtail of our freedoms.

these ones are good, but they were already around in the code of hammurabi, we don't need god or moses in order to have them.

So looking after your folk is curtailing your freedoms ?

Sounds like you are fully backing the code of Hammurabi ? Is that the case jimmy ?