Anyone use/used Highfield vets

I've just seen this thread and think its really nice that Michael has popped on to introduce himself, and awaken us all to the new ownership of Highfields.

I have heard really good reports about Highfields vet previously - and sometimes people get grumpy due to dealing with the public - not necessarily the pets it happens in every trade and as long as the vet knowledge was the best - thats what counts.

But - Hello Michael - thanks for joining in with SF - I hope you will keep popping onto the pet section when you get time. Do you offer good rates for rescue pets? We often have dogs needing the vets that we could get down to you.

rr

"I have used Highfield vets for over twenty years (they were my family vet as a child). I have had some bad experiences with them and some good ones. I have found that they are very closed off to anything outside of the medical realm e.g. discussions of the raw food diet but for the straight forward things they're brilliant. I really like the small, friendliness of the practise as well, and the fact that they are walking distance from my house.

I will go to Peak for anything more complex though... "

As the new owner of Highfield vets (as of last July) I am pleased that you have had good experiences there and hope that you will continue to do so. I would just like to say that I would like to think we can handle "more complex" cases very well at Highfields. I spent most of my career working for the PDSA which has given me a wealth of medical and surgical experience, and the practice facilities are undergoing modernisation all the time - for example we recently installed a brand new operating theatre. So please give us a try and hopefully we will show you that we will deal with teh complex just as well as the straight forward! (And I am more than open to discussing the pros and cons of a raw food diet!) Michael Squires

Awww I only just seen this. Thankyou so much for responding to my message.

I had a bad experience with a locum when my 16 year old lab was in the last year of his life and like I said I never really chalked it to Highfield. There were other little things but I have been back and like I said love the intimacy and friendliness of the practice. I had to have my rat put to sleep a couple of weeks ago and Molly (I think) was very sensitive and treated us wonderfully (even with mental dog entourage in tow).

Will look forward to seeign you in the future.

Thanks KatieB

Manuela went on maternity leave just after I started but I soon realised that she has a very loyal following! Let Gadget know that Manuela should be back sometime this summer! :)

hi michael i came to you for a scan on my very pregnant bordeaux bitch fendi you did the scan, she had 10 pups all in new homes healthy and well, i chose you because as a breeder i wanted a experienced vet and your well served time at the pdsa impressed me, i will say i would highly recomend this vet the prices are fair and michael is experienced, i will be bringing my french bulldog pup down in the next few days and totally trust this practice as having select breeds i need a good vet why pay top prices when you can get excellent service at a very reasonable price vet give it a try you wont be dissapointed, this practice is now nothing like the old practice with the old owner i can assure you as i also visited as a child with my pets, i also recomended you to rainrescue so dont let me down :hihi:

I'm getting a Chihuahua in 2 weeks time and have started looking round for vets and found Highfield on London road.

They seem really good and quite cheap too so was just wondering if anyone had any reviews of them good or bad

Did you get your Chihuahua pup Damo?

If so, it seems that you have broken a fundamental rule of the pet section...

You've not shown us all piccies to coo over! :(:nono:

Bad Damo!!

:hihi:

A friend of mine took her cat to Highfield a couple of weeks ago and she was prescribed some meds that cost £44 they didn't clear up the problem and did absolutely nothing. She was livid and is now in the process of changing to Peak Vets.

I decided to use highgield vets because the cat shelter where I got my cat from recommended them. I have found them to be very good and in an emgerency seen my cat & help me feel calmer.

Never had any problems.

I've just seen this thread and think its really nice that Michael has popped on to introduce himself, and awaken us all to the new ownership of Highfields.

I have heard really good reports about Highfields vet previously - and sometimes people get grumpy due to dealing with the public - not necessarily the pets it happens in every trade and as long as the vet knowledge was the best - thats what counts.

But - Hello Michael - thanks for joining in with SF - I hope you will keep popping onto the pet section when you get time. Do you offer good rates for rescue pets? We often have dogs needing the vets that we could get down to you.

rr

Hi Rainrescue

I would be delighted to offer rainrescue pets a discount package. Contact me at the surgery and we can sort something out.

Kind regards

Michael

i think the practice manager [or somebody pretending to be their manager] at highfields customer service skills leave a lot to be desired and i certainly will not be using them again, the person im talking about was a man who sounded camp as looking the their website the practice manager is a woman

Edited by meister

I am sorry to hear you feel you have received poor customer service from any of our staff, as we are usually well thought of for the friendliness of our service and that is something that is very important to me as the owner of the practice. If you would be willing to take the time to let me know the nature of your complaint I would be very grateful. You can contact me at the practice on 0114 255 4663 or email me at [email protected] (and mark for my attention). Regards, Michael Squires

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for that offer - I will give you a call on Monday and lets chat. I'm always happy to put business the way of any vet who will help out with animal welfare.

I really appreciate it - and good luck with the new venture

rr

Rain - would you mind mentioning CATS as well please? Some of their cats have recently been rehomed in the Highfield area and as they will be paying for neutering, any discount would be welcome. Thanks Rain x

Did you get your Chihuahua pup Damo?

If so, it seems that you have broken a fundamental rule of the pet section...

You've not shown us all piccies to coo over! :(:nono:

Bad Damo!!

:hihi:

lol I sure did he's here

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/5844/arizona.jpg

and Highfield were brilliant with him last week so very impressed