Salt Bins & Road Gritting In Sheffield

Threads merged.

I couldn't get to a work meeting today due to transport chaos, but instead spent a very pleasant hour in the Blue Ball at Wharncliffe Side (with Mr Godzilla) enjoying their 2 meals for £5 deal. Every few minutes an empty wagon went past in the direction of Deepcar, only to return in the direction of Oughtibridge laden with grit and salt from the dumpit site at Deepcar. Good work those drivers - they too have to get to work somehow!

They were doing a great job this morning on the A616, but there were too many lorries and other traffic stopping them getting through. Guess that's why it ended up closing.

I couldn't get to a work meeting today due to transport chaos, but instead spent a very pleasant hour in the Blue Ball at Wharncliffe Side (with Mr Godzilla) enjoying their 2 meals for £5 deal. Every few minutes an empty wagon went past in the direction of Deepcar, only to return in the direction of Oughtibridge laden with grit and salt from the dumpit site at Deepcar. Good work those drivers - they too have to get to work somehow!

Can't be much grit left up there now!

Up to now the gritters have done a great job, but I have just travelled back from Keighley, gritters everywhere in West Yorkshire, all roads are being kept clear. Once I pulled off the M1 the problems started, it has taken me twice as long to get from Birdwell to Broomhill (9 miles) than it did from Keighley to Birdwell (53 miles), and I have not seen one single gritter in the Sheffield area. The journey from Keighly through Bradford is just as hilly as Sheffield.

or Crookes/Crosspool.

they not done very much at all to be honest.....they forget the secondary routes FEED the primary routes.....bad bad planning

they not done very much at all to be honest.....they forget the secondary routes FEED the primary routes.....bad bad planning

Woodseats road connecting abbeydale road and chesterfield road is a bus route and handles alot of traffic allday especially at rush hour but everytime it snows there never seems to be grit on it until well after the event??

Any excuse Mother! ;)

cheers gritter1960 if it was you that did fife street

I live in s 14 and it was'nt gritted very well at all this morning