Salt Bins & Road Gritting In Sheffield

Any idea why gritters are driving their gritting lorries at fifty miles per hour on 30mph roads around Sheffield? One turned right at the top of Queens Road onto Wolseley Road and dropped a load of grit which fell from the top of the lorry!

Another went through red lights on Charlotte Road and another went barging out of Poole Road onto Prince of Wales with very little care.

I' all for gritting but driving like that, am I that lucky that I've been stalking the same gritting driver?

so its you is it, stop following us or i will call the police :suspect:

But I have such an empty life, I thought I'd follow gritters around the city just to be able to moan about it on SF ;) ;)

But I have such an empty life, I thought I'd follow gritters around the city just to be able to moan about it on SF ;) ;)

empty life,are you a wednesday fan by any chance :heyhey::wink:

Hahahaha, thankfully not ;) but I did spot a couple of hastily driving gritters; I mean the chap sped to go through a very ripe orange light!

Hahahaha, thankfully not ;) but I did spot a couple of hastily driving gritters; I mean the chap sped to go through a very ripe orange light!

Light changed from red, in your first post to "ripe orange" whatever that is, in above post

How do you know he was doing 50mph were you trailing him at that speed

or do you have your own speed camera?

All rather strange.

Light changed from red, in your first post to "ripe orange" whatever that is, in above post

How do you know he was doing 50mph were you trailing him at that speed

or do you have your own speed camera?

All rather strange.

I'm a psychic and I am able to measure other vehicles speed without the use of the lowest form of wit bazjea. Suffice to say that if a gritter drivers his gritting lorry around a bend so fast as to cause part of the grit in the lorry to spill on the roads over the top into a great pile, he was driving too fast. Is this too strange for you?

I've been in Oughtibridge all day today filling grit-bins, so there is plenty of salt in them.............HELP YOURSELF!

I don't suppose you did Wisewood too?

I've been in Oughtibridge all day today filling grit-bins, so there is plenty of salt in them.............HELP YOURSELF!

Thank you... :)

I don't suppose you did Wisewood too?

Grit bin filled on Dykes Lane today.