Salt Bins & Road Gritting In Sheffield

I live in S14 also, near the top of blackstock, and our side road has not been gritted at all, but the main roads were all gritted overnight. The gritters couldn't have possibly done all the side roads, but kept the main roads open. Good work lads.:thumbsup:

i dont expect side roads to be gritted but i expect constble road to be gritted and it did'nt look that way to me

at least uve had gritters i live in stocksbridge n havent seen 1 all day

Threads merged.

A gritters just gone up Bellhouse Road at Shiregreen, with about 15 kids running after it throwing snowballs at it!

We've had about 6 gritters all been on our side roads i.e Birch ave, Bevan Way Chapeltown today, and now all the snow is gone

the grit bins i filled up in Oughtibridge yesterday have been emptied...i did some more today but couldn't get to all of them as i don't have a snowplough fitted to my truck, but i will try again tomorrow.........bear with us, we WILL get to your bin A.S.A.P.

the grit bins i filled up in Oughtibridge yesterday have been emptied...i did some more today but couldn't get to all of them as i don't have a snowplough fitted to my truck, but i will try again tomorrow.........bear with us, we WILL get to your bin A.S.A.P.

Do us a favor pal, when you fill them, make sure there is salt as well as grit sand, I put more salt on my chips than what was mixed with the sand in our grit bin

If you get a plough on the front... come up Birch House Avenue please! ;) My car is stuck at the bottom and I wanted to take some photos of it in the snow. ^_^

Do us a favor pal, when you fill them, make sure there is salt as well as grit sand, I put more salt on my chips than what was mixed with the sand in our grit bin

i don't buy the stuff, i only deliver it..........if it's not good enough for you, do what the rest of the saddos on here do.........moan, moan,whinge,whine.:mad:

i don't buy the stuff, i only deliver it..........if it's not good enough for you, do what the rest of the saddos on here do.........moan, moan,whinge,whine.:mad:

I know you only deliver it, but come on you yourself must agree just grit sand is no good really, I know on the first fill it's proper stuff, but whats the point of replenishing with just sand, oh and im one who will try to keep our side roads clear.

ps im not diggin at you as such, its your bosses for loadin you up with the stuff

i apologize Bruno, i shouldn't have gone off on one, but when you have been out in it all day & had to contend with numpties that can't drive, but think they can, you tend to get a bit frazzled..........