Salt Bins & Road Gritting In Sheffield

mahonia

Pot kettle black and all that, did you not say i need my arse wiping by the council, fairs fair if your gonna give it be prepared to take it........

No problem really, and I wouldn't have been surprised if you had responded intemperately. I just thought that a moderator might try to show better standards of behaviour.

Anyway im off for a good old fry up and a bevvi and lots and lots of football, enjoy your day!

Mind how you go out there, it is a bit slippy:hihi:

The proper footie match is off, so I'm going to spend my day with S. Africa vs England.

... Chances are the bins won't be emptied again this week so it will mean 3 weeks rubbish to collect when it's eventually done
Can I just moan that the bin lorry was outside peeping and engine revving at 9 a.m. this morning, disturbing everyone. I mean, it's a Bank Holiday and we want a lie in! They'll be round gritting again next, I suppose. Pah! It's a disgrace!

:rolleyes:

Can I just moan that the bin lorry was outside peeping and engine revving at 9 a.m. this morning, disturbing everyone. I mean, it's a Bank Holiday and we want a lie in! They'll be round gritting again next, I suppose. Pah! It's a disgrace!

:rolleyes:

Count yourself lucky the bin wagon went past our house and never emptied any of the bins but did the next street:huh:

Count yourself lucky the bin wagon went past our house and never emptied any of the bins but did the next street:huh:
Why don't you ring Veolia and ask them? Our bin day is normally Friday, but they've got people working on a Bank Holiday just to empty a few bins? Personally, I think it's really bad. It's not like we have that many days off in the year. If people really can't manage without a bin being emptied for ONE week, it's a poor do.

Do people moan in other places as much as they do in Sheffield? Although presumably you're Leeds, so maybe so. It's mostly younger people that moan and want everything doing for them. At one time people were proud of being able to fend for themselves. I suppose this is what the nanny state's brought us to ... wimps who can't even clear a bit of snow off their own path :hihi:

I suppose this is what the nanny state's brought us to ... wimps who can't even clear a bit of snow off their own path :hihi:

Do you know what makes me laugh, the young uns always get blamed for this and that, but it was the old uns who made the world like it is.

Im so sorry maybe people didn't realise you have to be a hardass to clear some snow lmao.........

Do you know what makes me laugh, the young uns always get blamed for this and that, but it was the old uns who made the world like it is.

Im so sorry maybe people didn't realise you have to be a hardass to clear some snow lmao.........

Yes, we made a big mistake, we actually thought that if you were kind to people and tried to understand them, they'd respond well. I've come to realise that people mistake kindness for weakness and if you give them an inch they take a mile. Fear is the way forward! Frighten people and they'll behave much better, almost like we expect human beings to behave. :D

Anyway, you've done enough moaning about the council tax and expecting it to pay for everything you want doing and thought it was a jolly jape for kids to block already dangerous roads with snowballs, and waste the police's time having to turn out to sort it, have you actually cleared any snow or ice away at all, for yourself or anyone else? *bets he's not* ;)

Yes, we made a big mistake, we actually thought that if you were kind to people and tried to understand them, they'd respond well. I've come to realise that people mistake kindness for weakness and if you give them an inch they take a mile. Fear is the way forward! Frighten people and they'll behave much better, almost like we expect human beings to behave. :D

Anyway, you've done enough moaning about the council tax and expecting it to pay for everything you want doing and thought it was a jolly jape for kids to block already dangerous roads with snowballs, and waste the police's time having to turn out to sort it, have you actually cleared any snow or ice away at all, for yourself or anyone else? *bets he's not* ;)

Lol love, i have cleared some snow up actually, and it wasn't just me who thought it was funny about the giant snowballs either, that was a classic lol.

Lol love, i have cleared some snow up actually, and it wasn't just me who thought it was funny about the giant snowballs either, that was a classic lol.
I know, love, and when you look at the people who did, it explains so much ;) I'm not being mean really, just truthful.

Anyway, I'm off now, car packed, off down south to meet the sleet and snow again. Have fun while I'm away ... missing you already! xx

I thoroughly agree with everyone pulling together to get their patches of public paths cleared (which wehave done at home), but. My father-in-law won't do his for fear of being sued. Apparently, if you slip over on ice, it's an act of God, but if you interfere with it (grit it) and someone slips on your bit you can get sued....

It took us a good ten minutes this evening to walk from the end of his drive to the road (which was ice-free), about 8-10 ft. Ridiculous!

Anyway im off for a good old fry up and a bevvi and lots and lots of football, enjoy your day!

Your game .v. Blackpool was called off ( Frozen Pitch ) your team should have took some grit :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Don't worry about it. The 2 grit bins on this street have been stolen and the entire streets bins were not emptied last week, despite the bin wagon driving along the street :suspect:

I know where there is 2 grit bins full of grit :hihi::hihi: