Would you keep your cat indoors during the bird nesting season.

Would you keep your cat indoors during the bird nesting season.  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Would you keep your cat indoors during the bird nesting season.

• yes.
    • no.

It should be Illegal to own a cat without making it wear a bell

If it worked then I would totally agree with you, unfortunately the bell does not work in most cases as the wildlife does not equate the bell with a predator, also cats learn to stalk whilst keeping the bell silent.

All that the bell tends to do is alert other cat's and dogs to the presence of a cat.

It should be Illegal to own a cat without making it wear a bell, some cat owners make me sick coooing over their evil cute little **** of a pet, granted lots of cats are not a problem but some are varmants for killing birds.

when I see one with a little robin etc my natural instinct is to want to kill the cat and if one ever touched my parrot I would kill it in a heartbeat then the owner.

saying that we have one proper tame cat come into ours who is scared of the parrot, he/she is reyt cool but all the other killer cats bully it :(

If you dont put a bell on dont come moaning when someone takes revenge on your cat for killing defencless animals, I dont blame the cats more the owners who are just lazy ******** and selfish .. a bit like cats actually :P

So you prefer to keep them in cages in your house?? Hmm i'm sure said parrot would prefer to be in thewild, not couped up against its will!!

As for the cats killing, unless you are vegetarian you are an absolute hipocrit, or very, very nieve.

Maybe there should be a law about people keeping animals caged up against their will?? I know my cat comes back every night as he wants to be here, could you say the same about your parrot if you let it free??

So you prefer to keep them in cages in your house?? Hmm i'm sure said parrot would prefer to be in thewild, not couped up against its will!!

As for the cats killing, unless you are vegetarian you are an absolute hipocrit, or very, very nieve.

Maybe there should be a law about people keeping animals caged up against their will?? I know my cat comes back every night as he wants to be here, could you say the same about your parrot if you let it free??

Firstly you have no idea how we came to have the parrot we hardly took it from the wild and bundled it in a cage, we looked after him while a relative was in hospital having treatment for cancer and he just stayed with us this was 18 years or so ago.

second comment is nonesense the cats dont kill to eat they do it for for their own amusement, yes its nature not disputing that just that a lot of cats owners are lazy ********.

He's a very happy parrot and i have no doubt he would come back here for s tart he's 30 odd can barely fly and wouldnt last 5 minutes in the wild, he's also extremely well looked after.. so yeah I can thanks.

As for cats killing birds - what do you think happens in nature, where there are no 'decent' people like you to kill them?

It's part of a cats inbred instinct, dating back to the time when they had no owners and had to kill for food or defence. They also kill mices, rats and various other rodents - pest control.

whilst all this is true jeremy, there is a real issue wrt the impact that domestic cats have on the local bird, small mammal, amphibian and fish populations.

there are 8 million cats in the uk.

a far larger predatory populace than would be supported in the wild.

they can - and do - wreak havoc.

bells might not be the complete answer to remedying the situation, but they might help.

There are plenty of safety collars available that have a snap fastening that simply pulls apart should it get snagged.

mmmmmm Maybe people could buy those and claim them on expenses from the Govt as it is preserving wildlife :hihi: