Would you keep your cat indoors during the bird nesting season.

76 members have voted

1. 1. Would you keep your cat indoors during the bird nesting season.

• yes.
    • no.

I heard a chap petitioning for this on the BBC a while ago.

It is claimed that cats kill 1os of millions of birds during the nesting season .

It is a simple question

I don't deliberately keep mine in, but they don't go out much anyway. I routinely stop birds from nesting in the tree in my garden though, on the basis that they'd be guaranteed to be eaten if they built there, as it's a favourite place for a number of cats.

It is claimed that cats kill 1os of millions of birds during the nesting season .

It is a simple question

Sorry cats will go with their instincts, It is nature why would you keep a cat indoors.

As we do animals have an instinct to danger, so those that dont learn suffer the outcome.

Our cat turns into a homicidal maniac come spring and two years ago he killed four birds in the space of a week which left me with no alternative but to stick the biggest bell I could find on his collar.He's only managed to catch an obese wood pidgeon and a few fledgelings which probably fell out of their nests since.I'd strongly advise any cat owners to put a bell on their pets collar,particularly at this time of year.

I have 2 cats and under no circumstances would I lock them in to stop them from doing what nature intended thats the circle of life

I have had moles birds mice frogs toads even a baby rabbit courtesy of my bengal:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I have 2 cats and under no circumstances would I lock them in to stop them from doing what nature intended thats the circle of life

I have had moles birds mice frogs toads even a baby rabbit courtesy of my bengal:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Well if that floats your boat then so be it,but I'm not keen on going out into our small garden on a spring morning with my two and a half year old daughter to find half a Blackbird with its entrails splattered all over the place.

It is a simple question

If it's a question, where is the question mark? :huh: