Would you keep your cat indoors during the bird nesting season.

Would you keep your cat indoors during the bird nesting season.  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Would you keep your cat indoors during the bird nesting season.

• yes.
    • no.

As a matter of fact, yes I am pregnant! I just find it bizarre that as a dog owner I abide by all these laws which is not a problem for me but yet cat owners don't have to. If a child was blinded by dog faeces as a result of fouling then there would quite rightly be an outcry, but cat faeces ..... I have to just accept them using my garden as a toilet tray. Well I have a solution .... one of my dogs is happy to live outside with acces to a kennel and heaven help any cat that strays into my garden as my dog will do what comes natural to her, since she is a terrier!

As a matter of fact, yes I am pregnant! I just find it bizarre that as a dog owner I abide by all these laws which is not a problem for me but yet cat owners don't have to. If a child was blinded by dog faeces as a result of fouling then there would quite rightly be an outcry, but cat faeces ..... I have to just accept them using my garden as a toilet tray. Well I have a solution .... one of my dogs is happy to live outside with acces to a kennel and heaven help any cat that strays into my garden as my dog will do what comes natural to her, since she is a terrier!

Thats a good idea, if you dont want cats in your garden, use preventative measures, cats wont go near where they know a dog can get them.

My cats are not allowed out at night so are not around first thing in the morning when most birds are out looking for food.

im the same, i cant sleep knowing the cats are out and ill wait up until i get them all in, i like them in the warm cosy house away from idiots and foxes

I think you will find if you re-read the thread all of your questions are answered. But anyway here goes:

I think its ok for my cat to roam and go on other peoples property, as with every other animal that has the right to roam. As for damaging peoples property, please give me some examples. Fouling is often other 'wild' animals and often gets blamed on cats, spraying happens when cats mark their teritory and is usually on their own garden(its not like ou walk down the road and all you can smell is cat DELETED, now is it?).

Cats kill birds, its well known, its part of nature and has been for years.

Did I miss owt??

Did I miss owt? Yep I think you did - you seem to be in denial about what loads of others around you probably think about what's going on and seem to not care a jot about their feelings. Wonder why you seem oblivious to comments above about people just not wanting this problem on their land. Whether moggies have a right to roam or not - why do folks inflict this situation on others? You ask for examples of things I don't want from other folks' pets, I would include and are sadly ongoing - obviously killing birds, particularly fledglings, eating food I put out for the birds (not at this time of year), that would just invite birds to their deaths, urinating on my car wheels and spoiler, sitting on the bonnet when it's just been run (have to leave the alarm off 'cos as they jump on it triggers it), digging up newly planted seeds, leaving birds' remains for me to clear up before my kids find 'em, taking fish out of my pond - leaving poo aroud or worse burrying it in my veg. patch - I could go on! Yep I'm too polite to mention it to the owners - I would rather keep their friendship but it does wear a bit thin.

Going back to the thoughtless and selfish point I made - think I rest my case there.

Ok, so if I can prove that a certain cat has defecated on my garden and as result my child has picked up some disease from it's faeces then who is responsible and can they be made accountable for it?

You have rights imposed upon you as a parent towards your child. You cannot pass that responsibility to others. You would be expected to keep any area where your child had access as safe from harm as practicable.

Guess not, since cats have no legal owner as such, 'tough' for the child in question affected I suppose.

Not true, some cats have legal and caring owners. There was a time when dogs had to have a licence, but cats never needed to be licence. The law recognises in this case that you can't enforce the unenforceable.