Would you keep your cat indoors during the bird nesting season.

Would you keep your cat indoors during the bird nesting season.  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Would you keep your cat indoors during the bird nesting season.

• yes.
    • no.

Some interesting info on cats vs. birds on the RSPB website:

http://www.rspb.org.uk/advice/gardening/unwantedvisitors/cats/index.asp

Especially this bit:

"Despite the large numbers of birds killed, there is no scientific evidence that predation by cats in gardens is having any impact on bird populations UK-wide. This may be surprising, but many millions of birds die naturally every year, mainly through starvation, disease, or other forms of predation. There is evidence that cats tend to take weak or sickly birds."

My cat's tally last year was 349 mice, 28 rats, 18 rabbits, a live adder (released unharmed after it bit me - the cat seemed immune), 2 ducks and 3 magpies.

On the vermin/bird balance he's happy. He also killed the neighbours poodle after it was set on him.

Scottish wildcat/domestic crosses are evil buggers when they put their minds to it.

no i wouldnt keep my cat in during bird nesting season. it was band enough when i had to keep him in when moving house.

he's never caught a bird yet, probably due to the bell on his collar. its highly entertaining watching him try in the garden tho, he loks like like a minture lion or tiger :)

I wouldn't keep my cats in, no. I'd feel it unfair on them, they're used to going out. They'd drive me mad in the house. They're getting older now though and don't chase after the birds in the garden as much as they used to.

My cat's tally last year was 349 mice, 28 rats, 18 rabbits, a live adder (released unharmed after it bit me - the cat seemed immune), 2 ducks and 3 magpies.

On the vermin/bird balance he's happy. He also killed the neighbours poodle after it was set on him.

Scottish wildcat/domestic crosses are evil buggers when they put their minds to it.

Is this for real? :huh: