Bus driver threatens to kick chavs of for playing music on their phones

I dont think the comments are personal to her well they are not from me however putting the comment she did well it is not the attitude really, however I think she spoke out to how other parents may feel, good on her. even if I dont agree.

:nono: i think there is some baiting going on here. Give her a break, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even I didn't agree with things she put but...... leave it be

:suspect: would there be a bit of baiting going off here? naughty naughty. The fact is there are 1000s and 1000s and 1000s of people who would react exactly the same way as temptress - no-one had better touch my child/suing the people etc. She is not on her own thinking/reacting this way. Doesn't mean we are right and they are wrong or vice versa. That's life

Thing is, if I'd been slung off a bus and got home late I'd have had to explain why.

Being thrown off the bus would not have been an "excuse" and would have probably elicited some fitting punishment like being made to walk the 3 miles there and back to school every day whatever the weather, until i learned to apprecuiate the benefits of public transport.

It seems now that being thrown off the bus would lead to a three pronged attack - a thread on SF about "bullying bus driver...", a letter to The Star demonising the evil bus driver picking up kids and throwing them off in random areas of Sheffield, and - depending on the parent - either (a) a no-win-no-fee-claims4U-R-Us firm getting a new case to pursue or (b) a driver being thumped - both basically the same aim "that'll teach them to expect MY kids to be disciplined"

The argument seems to be "I'M the only persom wjho can discipline MY kid" - bizarrely whilst mollycoddling their "innocent angel" and teaching the child that they can get away with murder and be supported whilst doing so.

And, as above, this is not just about one particular poster, merely prompted by the post, as an example of an outlook that some or many may have.

Thing is, if I'd been slung off a bus and got home late I'd have had to explain why.

Being thrown off the bus would not have been an "excuse" and would have probably elicited some fitting punishment like being made to walk the 3 miles there and back to school every day whatever the weather, until i learned to apprecuiate the benefits of public transport.

It seems now that being thrown off the bus would lead to a three pronged attack - a thread on SF about "bullying bus driver...", a letter to The Star demonising the evil bus driver picking up kids and throwing them off in random areas of Sheffield, and - depending on the parent - either (a) a no-win-no-fee-claims4U-R-Us firm getting a new case to pursue or (b) a driver being thumped - both basically the same aim "that'll teach them to expect MY kids to be disciplined"

The argument seems to be "I'M the only persom wjho can discipline MY kid" - bizarrely whilst mollycoddling their "innocent angel" and teaching the child that they can get away with murder and be supported whilst doing so.

And, as above, this is not just about one particular poster, merely prompted by the post, as an example of an outlook that some or many may have.

:huh: don't understand what you are getting at here but never mind........

Bus companies in general have a strict ruling that a child under no circumstances will be ejected from its vehicles because that is what these troublesome kids,chavs, or whatever folk like to call them at the end of the day that is what they are just children.Any problems and the Police should be called to the bus to deal with it.

Just for information, as an ex bus inspector, the rules are that any music on any device should not be played on a public service vehicle to the annoyance of other passengers.

The driver is in his right to ask that person to stop playing the music (unless using personal headphones) he has no authority other than that.

If the said person refuses to comply with the drivers request, he should pull up and ask for police assistance via his radio. In practice, when all the other passengers are inconvenienced by the bus pulling up, they will usually make some comment!!! to the little sod misbehaving that resolves the situation, getting all the rest of the passengers on his side is the most effective way of seeing an end to the matter.

thats not the point I deal the punishment out ok not some bus driver and I also know mine has more respect I don`t have to resort to violence to deal with my child ,so before you start on me not all of us believe in hitting children .

So what was the point of threatening to sue the driver? if your kids would never do it as they have respect for others, the driver would have to threaten them.............................

or am I missing something?

Well done to the bus driver. I know I sometimes have a pop at tehm, but thinking about it, if a bus driver boots off little Jonny for playing his music load (even when he has been told to turn it down), then Jonny's mummy will run to the Star to complain that the nasty man on the bus made Jonny walk home.

Well turn the bloody music off then prat!!!

thats not the point I deal the punishment out ok not some bus driver and I also know mine has more respect I don`t have to resort to violence to deal with my child ,so before you start on me not all of us believe in hitting children .

Thank <removed> he told them off and should have thumped them and chucked them off also - everytime I hear those brat chavs foisting their type of music on the general populace in confined spaces like buses I feel like ramming their Ipods/mobiles where the sun dont shine - if you dont want people to impose law and order on your brats with violence if necessary then dont have such irresponsible brats and bring them up properly int he first place ...

Edited by happyhippy
removed masked swearing