Bus driver threatens to kick chavs of for playing music on their phones

It started with if anyone touched my child Id sue and has gone one from there I then said i dont agree with violence

Your posts have amazed me. No one has ever said the bus driver touched or hit the child so why launch into a debate?

You said you would sue anyone who touched your child. What would you gain out of that (apart from money).

We have developed a culture where some mums think they are 'super mums' and know everything. The children are always right and they are never wrong. It is always someone else's fault and the whole world is against them. And with regards to telling children off - people in the community need to remind children how to behave. If a child runs round a shop knocking stuff off the shelf then the shopkeeper can tell them to stop, a lifeguard at the swimming pool can tell them to stop pushing people.

I once had to speak to a child who was physically hurting a child I was with. A nearby mum started shouting at me 'how dare you speak to my child', then she realised it wasn't her child and then sat down and left me to carry on.

Noisy music can be VERY annoying but they're not annoying enough to justify the level of resentment that some of the posters on here seem to have.

Going back to the original story: there are some noisy children on a bus. Bus driver asks children to be quiet. Children are noisy again after a few minutes. Bus driver loses temper and shouts at them. Children quieten down and behave themselves for the rest of the journey. Why does this arouse so much anger and aggression?

That's what children do. They are noisy, they misbehave, they get shouted at, they behave. Some children are really obnoxious but it sounds as though these ones were just being children. After all, they DID behave when they got shouted at.

Edited by Conker2
clarification of point.

Unfortunately that attitude of parents that they are the only ones who can give punishment to their poor little angel children is the problem with society. If you do I will sue you attitude is absolute political correct crap. The response would be in line with there actions and we are not talking beating them up. The action needs to be at the time not two days later when they have forgotten what they have done wrong. This example deserves exactly what the driver did but some parents think they have a divine right where their kids are concerned. If a child wrongs me I will respond in a proportionate manner at the time.

Noisy music can be VERY annoying but they're not annoying enough to justify the level of resentment that some of the posters on here seem to have.

Going back to the original story: there are some noisy children on a bus. Bus driver asks children to be quiet. Children are noisy again after a few minutes. Bus driver loses temper and shouts at them. Children quieten down and behave themselves for the rest of the journey. Why does this arouse so much anger and aggression?

That's what children do. They are noisy, they misbehave, they get shouted at, they behave. Some children are really obnoxious but it sounds as though these ones were just being children. After all, they DID behave when they got shouted at.

I dont think we are on about the noisyness of children though thats bound to happen. But when I was a kid I didnt go arround playing my music when on the bus for everyone to hear. I think thats the differance here but it depends how the kids are braught up. To be honest the problem nowa days is that kids are bringing kids up which is where the respect has dissapeared and the chav mob have come from. Before anyone rips my head of Im sure theres a few young parents who are good and very grounded.