Bus driver threatens to kick chavs of for playing music on their phones

If he`d have touched my child I would have sued his ass off

Unbelievable...

I think the person mentioning giving the kid a slap was talking in a whimsical fashion. To be honest, some of these little rogues do need lessons in respecting their elders and others around them. If it comes from a bus driver in the form of a loud telling off then so be it.

It typifies the attitudes that parents hand down to their children when kneejerk remarks about instant sueings and compensation for being reprimanded for wrongdoings are seen as the norm...

thats not the point I deal the punishment out ok not some bus driver and I also know mine has more respect I don`t have to resort to violence to deal with my child ,so before you start on me not all of us believe in hitting children .

If you had taken your parental responsibility seriously, you would have taught your child respect for others.

:suspect: would there be a bit of baiting going off here? naughty naughty. The fact is there are 1000s and 1000s and 1000s of people who would react exactly the same way as temptress - no-one had better touch my child/suing the people etc. She is not on her own thinking/reacting this way. Doesn't mean we are right and they are wrong or vice versa. That's life

Not being on her own does not make her attitude any better though but yes, you might be right! I think JoeS may have put it more diplomatically.

:)

How long will it be before someone says it’s the adults fault for not having respect for the child?

This reminds me of the snowball issue we had when it was snowing. Drivers were calling the police as children were throwing snowballs at cars. Some said this showed how adults look at children these days, but in fact it’s the opposite way round. I wouldn't have dreamt of throwing snowballs at cars when I was a kid, but now it’s the adults fault for being annoyed about it. The same goes for music on a bus. As a child I would never have forced others around me to listen to my music. I was taught to have respect for adults, which I did and in most cases the respect was reciprocated and I never had any problems.

Trouble is, too many intelligent people forget that not everyone has common sense and decency.

You can talk to most kids like adults and they'll return the compliment, but the fact remains we are all animals, and sometimes the only way to get through to people is via our animal instincts, with a short sharp shock, ie a slap.

Massive respect for this driver. If I'd have bought a four pack and been on the bus, I'd have settled for three and given the driver a beer.

As fer the near derailment of this thread, it would appear someone wants to make this thread all about them by jumping in feet first with a completely unrelated reply. Last time I checked, kicking someone out or off summat doesn't involve rapid foot movement and contact. I can only conclude that the person in question has failed to understand this.

I've told little chuffs before to either switch it off or go back to the back of the bus and if it's done right, without being threatening, it can have the desired affect.

In reply to JohnnyMathis, well done! I wondered how long it would be before a troll decided to troll the troll.

Edited by munky

If he`d have touched my child I would have sued his ass off

And therein lies one of the biggest problems facing this country!:rolleyes:

I also know mine has more respect.

Once they are out of your sight, you know nothing of what they are doing!

assult on a minor too

Never stopped Thatcher:D

No one suggested the bus driver hit anyone!

Actually, they did in this post (though in a semi-humorous manner).