Mugging in Firth Park 29/12/08 11pm (ish)

That's awful, I don't know who to be more disgusted at, the evil bitches who did it or the heartless people who stood by watching, I once got jumped in firth park a few years ago by 8 girls I managed to talk my way out of a beating but they got my jewellery, gosh what a horrible situation to be in, hope your friend gets better and let us know if anything happens with the police x

Its awful - hope she recovers quickly - although Im guessing the outside scars will heal much quicker than wots left inside...

Todays society is a mess!!! Your friend needed help because she was being assaulted but I guess some people who walked past thought "I know I should help but wot if they have a knife or a gun"..

The sad truth is that although there are alot of decent people out there...they are scared to get involved incase something happens to them.

It doesnt help your friend but its just a view point (suppose to try reason why no-one helped) esp that onewho walked past saying "better off staying quiet"..

Hi all,

Last night my friend was sat on the wall outside Firth Park clinic (North Quadrant) waiting for a taxi. A group of 6 girls (5 black and 1 white, all approx early 20s) approached her, and started calling her things such as 'white trash' etc. They then set about her and gave her such a beating that she genuinely thought she was going to die.

She eventually blacked out and when she came to they had left and taken everything (including some coppers) out of her bag and even the earrings out of her ears.

The reason I am posting this is that at least 4 people saw this assault happening. There was a group of 3 people stood watching across the road, and a man that, as he walked past my friend shouted to for help. This man walked past, saying something along the lines of 'you'd do yourself more favours keeping quiet and taking it'.

The police are involved, but please, if anyone knows or saw anything, pm me and let me know. These girls are vicious and next time it could be so much worse.

Thanks for listening x

Sounds like a racist attack to me, wonder if the papers will be full of it, somehow i think not!

I dont blame the passers by for not stepping in, they would probably have been badly injured too, however i would have straight away phoned 999 froma safe place then gone back as soon as the attackers had left to see if the person was ok, you have to remember that if you step in to help you are likely to be attacked also in these situations, you should remember your safety too and ring 999 froma safe distance.

at the end of the day, do you want to risk being killed? no, but you should ring 999 and help the person when it is safe to do so.

i saw a similar thing happen last year on the pedestrian crossing outside the church,a large group of girls aged 15/16 kicking the living daylights out of 1 girl, i stopped the car got out and got them of her whilst my wife phoned the police, got some verbale from them ect and one threatened to smash the car up, by the time the police arrived they had dissapeared, we both gave statements ect and later got a phone call from the police to say thanks and they had got the scum who had done it,

might be worthmhile parking up in a car on night to see if you can spot them as no doubt there local.

Thats a disgrace, I would have gave a few of the attackers some new years cosmetic surgery on the house had I seen it. As for the bloke saying to keep quiet and take it , he wants his face panning in,

Firth Park attracts some proper little hoodlum scum gangs at night but it is odd that these girls were in their twenties.