Mugging in Firth Park 29/12/08 11pm (ish)

Hi all,

Last night my friend was sat on the wall outside Firth Park clinic (North Quadrant) waiting for a taxi. A group of 6 girls (5 black and 1 white, all approx early 20s) approached her, and started calling her things such as 'white trash' etc. They then set about her and gave her such a beating that she genuinely thought she was going to die.

She eventually blacked out and when she came to they had left and taken everything (including some coppers) out of her bag and even the earrings out of her ears.

The reason I am posting this is that at least 4 people saw this assault happening. There was a group of 3 people stood watching across the road, and a man that, as he walked past my friend shouted to for help. This man walked past, saying something along the lines of 'you'd do yourself more favours keeping quiet and taking it'.

The police are involved, but please, if anyone knows or saw anything, pm me and let me know. These girls are vicious and next time it could be so much worse.

Thanks for listening x

What an awful experience- both the attack itself and being ignored by passers-by. Did no-one even call the police or an ambulance for her? Surely that's the very least someone should do when they see another person being beaten up. :(

Things like this make me sooooooooooo angry :rant:.

I hope your friend makes a good recovery.

See I have a big problem with muggers, burglars, rapists, paedo's etc. <removed> need putting down like an old dog, and people walking past doing nothing ?? what kind of world are we living in.

Hope the girl makes a full recovery.

Craig. x

i live in shiregreen and often have to swap buses in firth park if i have been visiting friends, so i will be on my guard when im down there. If i had been down there with my friend last night, we wouldnt have stood by and watched. The previous night on our way home from work we called at the cash point at the yorkshire bank and a woman approached my friend asking him if he could give her money for a taxi as she had just been discharged from hospital and had no money, the direction she was walking was towards hospital not away. Her eyes were glazed over as though she was on something, luckily she didnt turn nasty when we refused to give her money.

Hope your friend gets over the attack and i hope the people who stood by and watched are really proud of themselves as standing by and watching makes them no better than the scum who attacked her.