Rant: Parking at Centertainment

Hook

And all anybody who shouldn't be parked there (ie. Arena users) would have to do is get another entry ticket from the barrier and use that to get out., defeating the object of installing barriers.

Actually not. You put in a combination of sensors at the entry barrier such as a ground loop, similar to traffic lights. No car there, no entry ticket.

hi there,as we are talking about parking fines,i was sent one by privateeye parking for overstaying my welcome in the car park in hillsborough near to wilkos just wondering wether this is one to ignore as some peoplev have said to do or just to pay up,what do you lot think about this.thanks:confused:

Ignore it . Its not a fine they gave you , its an invoice . It has no standing in law . You will receive a couple of letters from then when you dont pay , the first will threaten court action ( which wont happen), then the second will threaten you with bailiffs, which again wont happen because they cannot do this.

Just ignore anything these people send you ,and do not contact them.

Actually not. You put in a combination of sensors at the entry barrier such as a ground loop, similar to traffic lights. No car there, no entry ticket.

And why are centertainment going to go to all this expense of installing complex barrier systems? I don't see what they gain from it.

What about if Centertainment installed barriers and a keycoin system? You drive in, get a keycoin. When you go into any of the businesses on Centertainment, do whatever. On the receipt for the business you've used a barcode is printed and using an automated system you scan that barcode into a machine and put your keycoin in. You then get another coin out for the exit, drive up to the barrier and insert the exit coin and the barrier lifts, allowing you out.

Those that park in there for the arena won't have a receipt therefore won't have an exit coin. For those that say what about those that go for a meal before - Set a time limit expiry on the barcode/exit coin.

It would required a bit of co-operation between the businesses and the owner of centertainment but ultimately how much business is lost because some people give up and go home when there's no parking?

It won't work because one of the main problems when there is an event on at the arena is that people park in centretainment and go for a meal or a drink so have a legitimate reason for parking in there.

It won't work because one of the main problems when there is an event on at the arena is that people park in centretainment and go for a meal or a drink so have a legitimate reason for parking in there.

Which is why I stated that the validation reciept should have a time limit. You finish your meal, validate your receipt and then have say 30mins to leave the car park.

There are a number of systems that could be put in place tbh.

I would love to see it happen but I can think of a few obstacles.

- The car park at the rear of the cinema is a park and ride for the Supertram. How would it work for Supertram customers?

- Just like a station car park when a train arrives, there are lots of people leaving the cinema by car at the same time when a film ends (or a tram arrives!). It only takes one person to get stuck at the barrier with a lost or invalid chip and there will be chaos. I regularly see this at a park and ride car park with a barrier on the exit.

- Would it really generate any extra revenue for the car park owners on top of the costs of installation and maintenance of the system. Do they even care?

I was parked on the pavement

In that case sorry, no sympathy at all. The pavement is not an overspill car park for your private use.

along with about 30+ other cars filling the pavement on both sides of the road.

And that makes a difference.... how?

Was your attitude "well if they're doing it, I can too"?

Try the tram Park & Ride next time.

In that case sorry, no sympathy at all. The pavement is not an overspill car park for your private use.

And that makes a difference.... how?

Was your attitude "well if they're doing it, I can too"?

Try the tram Park & Ride next time.

Or park in the centertainment car park itself ,as its run by a private parking company,so no lawful fines can be issued ,neither can your car be clamped. :)

Private parking cowboys very ,very rarely take someone to court ,as they know they generally lose the case. They prefer to use the tactic of intimidation and threats of court action in the hope people pay up. The reason they lose is because they have to prove to a court htey have suffered a loss to be able to claim for losses ( ie, the £30 they try and charge you on the invoice they leave on your car), but seeing as they are NOT the landowners ,they have made no loss ,so cannot claim for losses. This is how they fail every time ,And the reason why their invoices are not worth the paper they are printed on.

Just to be clear - the OP has been issued with a ticket by the council for a parking offence on the public highway. It wasn't issued by the cowboys so ignoring this one is probably not a wise idea.

Archived