Rant: Parking at Centertainment

Hook

So why can't Centertainment ensure that only users of the site's facilities (Cinema/10-pin bowling/restaurants) park in the site's car-park? Maybe issue a free voucher at each outlet on the site, at the time when a purchase is made, and insist that it be shown in the car window (just like an on-street pay-and-display meter voucher)? That way, Arena users [= freeloaders] won't.

So you want people to order a meal or buy cinema tickets, then trapes all the way back to the car while the film starts or the meal gets cold.

Good thinking batman. :roll:

So you want people to order a meal or buy cinema tickets, then trapes all the way back to the car while the film starts or the meal gets cold.

True, so why not issue the free voucher as I suggested.

If the vehicle is ticketed, let the penalty be payable UNLESS its owner sends in the free voucher as evidence of lawfulness.

Sorted!

Because it would be unenforceable. If they installed a manned Barrier would solve all the problems. Bit then VCs would be out of a job

They did at one point have a barrier, whenever something was on at the arena they would stop and ask every driver why they were entering the car park.

It does my head in when people who go to the arena park at Centertainment just because it's free and they want to save a fiver. I've been stressed before trying to get a parking place. PARKING AT CENTERTAINMENT = CENTERTAINMENT. ARENA = ARENA CAR PARK / OR BACK STREETS. It's as simple as that.

Archived