Rant: Parking at Centertainment

I know exactly where you parked....you and others. I would imagine he owner is getting a little bit vexed.:)

End of the day, if there was anything even close to being sufficient parking, then I can't see anyone parking 'illegally'.

The problem is, cineworld has outgrown the centretainment.

Hence why I cancelled my cinema card last week (among other reasons).

Hi - anyone else enraged at the parking fines continuing at Centertainment? Now they are being issued by the City Council so cannot be ignored I believe?

Centertainment is private property so the council has no Jurisdiction on parking. Can anyone confirm that the council's parking wardens are ticketing people on Centertainment property?

End of the day, if there was anything even close to being sufficient parking, then I can't see anyone parking 'illegally'.

You should write to them and tell them why.

The place is going down hill rapidly. It's the only cinema I have ever seen that needs regular security because of all the ****** off customers.

Centertainment is private property so the council has no Jurisdiction on parking. Can anyone confirm that the council's parking wardens are ticketing people on Centertainment property?

The Councils Civil Enforcement Officers are enforcing on the public highway.

I agree, we tend to avoid it now on weekends and holidays. When it first opened it's great attraction was that you could get there by car. Public transport's fine, but a car's nice, especially late at night and if there's a few of you.

Lots of talk about barriers, and reasons why they wouldn't work. The blatently obvious answer to the problem is the MASSIVE empty car park, bang next door, which is the retail park after shop opening hours. Beakerzoid has said that the retail park management are not interested. Surely with some serious negotiation an agreement could be reached? Could the council take a role? Cineworld can't get the parking it needs from Centretainment, the other option would be to move location, which would cost a fortunte. As it is they are losing custom and will continue to do so unless something is done.

If Meadowhall has their wits about them, they should capitalise like crazy, launch an ad campaign.

Been given a ticket from VCS tonight at centretainment, for parking in a loading bay (near frankie bennies) after driving around 20 minutes looking for a space.

Am I safe to assume I can jut welcome any letters forthcoming and bin them?

Yep , just ignore anything they send you in the post. The "Invoice" VCS gave you is totally un-enforcable ,and not worth the paper its printed on.

I too fell foul of VCS tonight. I tucked my car away as best as I was able give the crazy amount of people there tonight and after my film, found that lovely sticker on my window. Given I had prepaid cinema tickets, I wasn't prepared to give up and go home (after half an hour of failing to find a space!)

I've never had a ticket before, but I've heard the stories about VCS. I assume I'll get a few threatening letters but I can ignore them? Has anyone ever successfully been taken to court with these guys?

you will receive a few fake solicitors letters threatening court action which they wont follow through , but eventually they will just go away . the invoice you received is totally un-enforcable. just bin any letters they send you.

The Councils Civil Enforcement Officers are enforcing on the public highway.

That doesn't answer the question of how does a road one day go from safe to park on and the next, dangerous and the only difference is you have to pay to park.

The contact option on their website has a max 250 words capacity, my concerns wouldn't be able to be fitted into that.

Send your complaint to their offices:

Cineworld Cinemas Head Office

Power Road Studios

Power Road

Chiswick

London W4 5PY

United Kingdom