Rant: Parking at Centertainment

To those people who park irresponsibly at Centertainment, you need shooting.

We went to the cinema at 5pm last night, and managed to get a spot fairly close to the cinema. Hunky Dory until we got out and found we were blocked in because people had decided to park on the pavement and the little "landscaped" areas. It took about ten minutes to manuouvre the car out of the space, and we weren't the only people having trouble - there plenty of other cars in the same situation. So if you drive a blue C3 and a dark Landrover, and you parked at the front of UGC last night, not in a parking bay. You're an idiot. And next time I might be tempted just to run into you.

yes it is a joke to park round there, i always find myself in the overspill at the back

I remember one time a guy was stood in an empty space, so i pulled into it, then he refused to move as he was saving it for his mate

tosser

yes it is a joke to park round there, i always find myself in the overspill at the back

I remember one time a guy was stood in an empty space, so i pulled into it, then he refused to move as he was saving it for his mate

tosser

I've seen quite a few people doing that before, i just get my b/f to drive right up2 em, they soon move :thumbsup::hihi:

tosser

Thing is that last night there were spaces in the overspill car park, and spaces around near where Club WOW used to be. So it wasn't like they were stuck for spaces, they were just plain lazy.

One of the very frustrating things with parking at Centretainment is quite how few disabled spots there are, and how poorly policed they are too.

There are times when I simply wouldn't make it from the overspill parkign spots into the cinema and back out again after a film. Officially you have to go into the front door to ask them to open the back door for the person with a disability, then do the same in reverse when you wish to leave. Not the easiest thing to do if you're the only adult with children in tow.

The only other alternative sometimes is to park somewhere at the front of the cinema but not in a bay (although I have never parked in a place that makes it hard for others to manoeuvre).

One of the very frustrating things with parking at Centretainment is quite how few disabled spots there are, and how poorly policed they are too.

There are times when I simply wouldn't make it from the overspill parkign spots into the cinema and back out again after a film. Officially you have to go into the front door to ask them to open the back door for the person with a disability, then do the same in reverse when you wish to leave. Not the easiest thing to do if you're the only adult with children in tow.

The only other alternative sometimes is to park somewhere at the front of the cinema but not in a bay (although I have never parked in a place that makes it hard for others to manoeuvre).

If there were blue badges on the windscreen I might have had a little bit of sympathy... but there weren't.

They parked right on the corner, making it practically impossible to get out. It also really annoys me when people park on the paved footpaths, that's just absurd blocking the only safe way to walk around the car parks.

Next time just smash the drivers window place the car out of gear and let the hand brake off and push....

Iv done this on a number of occations.

Just the thing you want to get caught doing in Centertainment where the place is covered on CCTV. Nothing like getting caught on camera, and then getting in your car, showing your numberplate to the camera and giving the police a lead to follow up. Priceless.

To those people who park irresponsibly at Centertainment, you need shooting.

We went to the cinema at 5pm last night, and managed to get a spot fairly close to the cinema. Hunky Dory until we got out and found we were blocked in because people had decided to park on the pavement and the little "landscaped" areas. It took about ten minutes to manuouvre the car out of the space, and we weren't the only people having trouble - there plenty of other cars in the same situation. So if you drive a blue C3 and a dark Landrover, and you parked at the front of UGC last night, not in a parking bay. You're an idiot. And next time I might be tempted just to run into you.

I woulda phoned the rozzers.

You can get people done for parking like pr@ts!