Rant: Parking at Centertainment

last time I took the bullet there I had to do one of the finest bits of nova parking i've ever done. I hope you wouldn't have reported me burny!? I wasn't blocking anyone in and left ample room for emergency services. do the police have powers to b***ock people on private ground? I mostly tram it now.

last time I took the bullet there I had to do one of the finest bits of nova parking i've ever done. I hope you wouldn't have reported me burny!?

As its you I woulda have had them through the book at you! Would have to use some of my charm tho ;)

yes it is a joke to park round there, i always find myself in the overspill at the back

I remember one time a guy was stood in an empty space, so i pulled into it, then he refused to move as he was saving it for his mate

tosser

Slightly off the main topic but that happened to me last year, although not at Centertainment and not even in Sheffield. "I'm saving it for my mate". "Oh no you're not. The car park's rammed and your mate's already parked. I'm also staff and I didn't get up at 6.00 on a Sunday morning to come all this way (86 miles), to work voluntarily, for someone to be standing saving a parking space" :rant: He moved ;)

I also got even greater delight chucking my parking permit in the windscreen and walking away going, "and I don't have to pay" LOL The little things that amuse someone at the crack of dawn on a Sunday morning :hihi:

Next time just smash the drivers window place the car out of gear and let the hand brake off and push....

Iv done this on a number of occations.

leaving a nice set of prints on the handbrake as well as the aforementioned cctv.

• 6 months later...

Sorry had to get this off my chest dropped my daughter of at 5 pm at a party at Holllywood Bowling plenty of parking no probs but when went back at 7.30 pm to collect her from Burger King anywhere to park not a chance!

Obviously something on at the Arena every one parked in Centertainment why do they not stop this it must cost them customers there seem to be places for Security to stop cars but no one there!

The place resembled a race track I am surprised no one gets hurt cars wizzing round like mad. Resembled a rallying track!

Any one else had probs?

Sorry had to get this off my chest dropped my daughter of at 5 pm at a party at Holllywood Bowling plenty of parking no probs but when went back at 7.30 pm to collect her from Burger King anywhere to park not a chance!

Obviously something on at the Arena every one parked in Centertainment why do they not stop this it must cost them customers there seem to be places for Security to stop cars but no one there!

The place resembled a race track I am surprised no one gets hurt cars wizzing round like mad. Resembled a rallying track!

Any one else had probs?

Parking has always been bad around there, but it does have a good supertram stop if that was any good to you. But if you were just picking your daughter up,could you not pull up outside and get her to come out to you.

Parking has always been bad around there, but it does have a good supertram stop if that was any good to you. But if you were just picking your daughter up,could you not pull up outside and get her to come out to you.

No chance I wouldnt have chanced it with the driving skills of some I witnessed looked like someithing out of Deathrace 2000!

I rather enjoy centertainment, as it's name suggest's, it would appear to be the center of the entertainment, what with all the american endorsed food establishments serving their vast array of meaty hearty dishes and accompaniments, along with audio visual matinees. Not to mention a wonderful little 'beat the red light over the bumps shortcut' on my way to Meadowhall at off peak times.

If I were you, I'd seriously consider picking your daughter up well after all the riff-raff, car theives and "step-fathers picking up their daughter jobs" have gone home (about 2pm?).

It will make for a much more pleasant journey. Have a think about it.

I've known occasions in the past when they've been quite hot on parking when there's been something big on at the Arena.