Rant: Parking at Centertainment

oh no Strix, another parking thread:hihi: :hihi:

fancy coming with me to helicopter lessons?

Ah, but the whole place caters for exactly the type of person who can't be levered out of a car, so it was bound to happen :P

somehow I doubt that the people using the arena are the ones who park RIGHT outside the doors to the cinema, on the pavement, preventing pedestrians getting into the place ;)

No the cure it for those who can get the tram to do so and leave the bloody car at home.

Of course that wont happen as everyone thinks sod you im not going out of my way someone else can do that. selfish selfish.

does that include the 300 who park up & catch t he tram into the city?

if you want to make a difference to the parking - Go elsewhere.

when signifcant numbers drift away they might rethink it.

personally as it appears to me that the majority of visitors, when i'm there are between 18 and 25, then the chances of changing things are zero.

if you want to make a difference to the parking - Go elsewhere.

when signifcant numbers drift away they might rethink it.

personally as it appears to me that the majority of visitors, when i'm there are between 18 and 25, then the chances of changing things are zero.

We don`t go anymore because of the parking, we did try the tram tho first, it was a 20 min walk to the nearest stop then a 30 min journey into town, then change trams and start the journey to centertainment, it didn`t turn out too well, soaked on the walk to the tram and then subjected to loud foul mouthed outbursts and music from the little darlings once on board, it wasn`t something i wanted to do again.

We now rent/borrow dvd`s and take it in turn with our friends to host the film, whoever does this gets the beer/food in and it`s cheaper and more enjoyable.

Its a joke to be honest and quite rightly unenforceable... All you have to do is eat at one of the restaurants beforehand, or keep a BK receipt and you would get off any parking fine completely... :roll:

It seems the only spaces they are strict on are the loading bay ones, which are double yellowed... "Workers" cars are okay there (they know all our reg's, we're always there) , but I've seen security sniffing around non-workers cars before... :P

I've had no issues with Arena parking - have turned up late to gigs before and still got into the overflow car park with room to spare.

But given the choice of paying a fiver to park there, or over the road for free when the only punishment is the guilt of driving past the 'No Arena Parking' sign? I'm sure a simple barrier where you take a ticket, get it stamped in the cinema / bowling alley / restaurants to get out for free would pay for itself in no time. Or am I just being overly simplistic?