Sport Should Transcend Politics

That is my opinion.

With the approach of the Summer Olympics there is the usual hoo hah about which countries should be able to compete under their national flag.

Similar controversy arises at any international sporting event.

Pressure from governments and political influence from within the various sporting bodies only serves to eliminate one area of common ground that exists between all countries.

• Like 2

Nice in theory.

Now you've just got to stop politicians using sport for politics.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, altus said:

Nice in theory.

Now you've just got to stop politicians using sport for politics.

Not only sport either.  What about the Eurovision.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, spilldig said:

Not only sport either.  What about the Eurovision.

Indeed so;   Most country's inclusion I can almost understand, but Australia??

After rewriting disqualified song, Israel gets final approval to appear at Eurovision  Times of Israel
Kan public broadcaster next week to reveal ‘Hurricane’, which received nod from EBU after it barred the original submission, ‘October Rain,’ over charges it was too political

Posted (edited)

The hijacking of sporting events by the usual miserable protesting rent a mob I find incredibly annoying.

Whether it be the World cup or the Olympics you will always get some cretins who have no life and who are intent on disrupting events enjoyed by billions and they will not be happy until others are as miserable as they are.

No doubt the summer Olympics will be overshadowed by the Pro Palestine protesters as that seems to be the latest fashionable cause that these perma protesters are in to.

Why do they hate people enjoying themselves so much?

Edited by Al Bundy

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

The hijacking of sporting events by the usual miserable protesting rent a mob I find incredibly annoying.

Whether it be the World cup or the Olympics you will always get some cretins who have no life and who are intent on disrupting events enjoyed by billions and they will not be happy until others are as miserable as they are.

No doubt the summer Olympics will be overshadowed by the Pro Palestine protesters as that seems to be the latest fashionable cause that these perma protesters are in to.

Why do they hate people enjoying themselves so much?

The gift that keeps on giving 

6 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

The gift that keeps on giving 

You love it, 😀 

You thought of an answer yet to that simple question I gave you a couple of days ago?

Come on, put what you really want, I promise I will not spill the beans to your political breathren, be our secret.

Russia has been sanctioned which is why they have not competed in the European Football competition which will end in Germany later this year.   It is correct the Russian flag will not be on display at the Olympics this year.   Allowing individual Russian athletes to compete at the Olympics without displaying the Russia flag is a good fair decision. 

• Like 2