No Bbc. No Licence Fee

I have always thought the bbc was a rip off but I have reluctantly paid my licence fee. I can now only get a part picture on their channels.The bottom third of the picture is a red panel with white writing telling me the bbc will only be transmitting in H.D as from Jan. 6th. 2024, and I should update my nd inform my provider. I do not have an H.B to and I do not have a provider so I will not be upgrading  so I assume I will not be able to view any more of their rubbish after Jan,but I am still required by law to buy a licence.This is a National disgrace and will affect many people.How long is this useless government going to allow the bbc to fleece us .If I can’t get bbc I will pay no fee and I hope others do the same.

• Haha 1

I don't pay them, I also don't watch live TV.

You lost me a bit with the post. HD has been around for a long time, although the BBC only realised a few years ago! How old is your TV? Not sure what you mean with most of the other double letter abbreviations.

Just get a refund if it's not what you want.

12 hours ago, ivan edake said:

I have always thought the bbc was a rip off but I have reluctantly paid my licence fee. I can now only get a part picture on their channels.The bottom third of the picture is a red panel with white writing telling me the bbc will only be transmitting in H.D as from Jan. 6th. 2024, and I should update my nd inform my provider. I do not have an H.B to and I do not have a provider so I will not be upgrading  so I assume I will not be able to view any more of their rubbish after Jan,but I am still required by law to buy a licence.This is a National disgrace and will affect many people.How long is this useless government going to allow the bbc to fleece us .If I can’t get bbc I will pay no fee and I hope others do the same.

Do you listen to any of the BBC radio output?

9 hours ago, Palomar said:

Stop paying, tell any inspectors to get lost, tear up their letters. Job done

After listening to BBC radio five for the first time in ages today, I think I might concur with that.

They had Steve Coogan on and it was basically an hour of bashing the right wing, calling them xenophobic racists. 

I didn't realise Coogan was such a prat to be fair.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

It's crackers really that you have to pay a company to watch TV, even if you don't watch their channels

It's like receiving a letter from Asda demanding you buy a shopping licence when you get your weekly shop at Tesco.

I cancelled my TV licence direct debit about six years ago now. I occasionally get a letter in the post which goes straight in the bin. Never had a knock at the door, and if I did I'd tell them to get lost and close the door.

• Like 2

Guest ThaBoom

Its not just a license for BBC  but according to the information/ website- you pay if:

• watch or record TV on any channel - via any TV service (e.g. Sky, Virgin, BT, Freeview, Freesat)
  • watch TV live on any streaming service (e.g. ITVX, Channel 4, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, Now TV, Sky Go)
  • watch BBC iPlayer*.

On any device.