The Yom Kippur War .

12 minutes ago, mafya said:

Just because we have a Tory Govt in the UK doesn’t mean everyone in the UK is a Tory supporter.

True  and,  we wouldn't have one here if we could have a general election tomorrow.

Everyone knows that they've blown it.

27 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

How many times have we been through that ?      You may not know but,  their politics doesn't work like ours,  and ours doesn't work very well.

The people of Palestine don't support what's happening,  in a similar way to my not supporting what's happening in my own country

I am not getting into middle eastern politics,  especially with you. but I wonder when reality will dawn that the current state of affairs is unsustainable and new moves must be made.

Hezbollah has fired 29 rockets into Israel this morning   -   how long can that carry on before Israel bombs Lebanon.  If that happened then Iran would probably join in,  backed by Russia.

You have all the ingredients for World War 3  in that melting pot but all everyone can say is Palestine deserves bombing and conveniently forgets that Israel cannot bomb everyone who doesn't like them.

Instead of political and legal nit-picking,  do you have any kind of view whereby this trouble could be dealt with and end the mass slaughter in the middle east ?

My honest feeling is that I care deeply about the innocent people of Palestine and the innocent people of Israel and I would like all their children to go to bed in safety with full stomachs.

I wish someone would,  by any means,  get rid of Netanyahu and the hawks in his government so that peace could prevail for the entire middle east.

You have not answered the question.

During ww2 not all Germans supported Adolf Hitler and not all Britains supported Winston Churchill regardless of this we bombed each others countries killing many civilians.

I do not condone killing of anyone but this is what happens in wars.

Dreadful as it is that is reality and when one country attacks another this is usually the result until one country surrenders.

31 minutes ago, mafya said:

Just because we have a Tory Govt in the UK doesn’t mean everyone in the UK is a Tory supporter.

Nice try….

Stop weaponising the holocaust to push your agenda. 🙄

Please see my answer to Organgrinder.

23 minutes ago, mafya said:

Nice try….

Stop your fellow Islamists shouting for the destruction of the Jews , That brings back memories of that time .

Perhaps that is on your agenda along with many of the Nazi style marches in our City's .

Already Jews and jewish schools have been attacked in London .

This very morning your heroes are making plans to march on Armistice day , A day when we should be remembering those brave men and women who lost their lives fighting the the Fascists who had gassed and murdered millions through out Europe .

If that march goes ahead then this Country is lost .

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mafya said:

Nice try….

40 minutes ago, mafya said:

Nice try….

Not all Westerners invade counties but it doesn't stop Muslim extremists from blowing us to bits.

Desperate argument.

Hamas are Palestinians, end of.  As regrettable as it is, war sees innocent people die.

6 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Stop your fellow Islamists shouting for the destruction of the Jews , That brings back memories of that time .

Perhaps that is on your agenda along with many of the Nazi style marches in our City's .

This very morning your heroes are making plans to march on Armistice day , A day when we should be remembering those brave men and women who lost their lives fighting the the Fascists who had gassed and murdered millions through out Europe .

Those who feel so strongly could go over to Palestian as aid workers.

Not being sarcastic but again trying to be realistic.

3 hours ago, trastrick said:

No, in a Democracy people of good will can disagree on the best way to achieve the common good!

The idea is to start with the things you have in common, and work from there.

Then there are the "others" who make it their life's work to  create hate and dissention within the populations.

The bad ones!  :)

Thousands of terrorists!  :)

Your post illustrates the truth in the saying that even a blind squirrel finds the occasional nut.

Its a start for you ,possibly a little late in life,but try applying it more widely.

You might struggle to accept that even in a Democracy the forces of hate are present.

17 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Those who feel so strongly could go over to Palestian as aid workers.

Not being sarcastic but again trying to be realistic.

People I know went over last year and do so every year.

Why are people not allowed to go to Palestine to fight the occupation like they let people go over to fight in Ukraine?

Double standards again because I’m sure if allowed people from all over the world would go over but as usual you and others have posted your double standards on here for all to see

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mafya said:

People I know went over last year and do so every year.

Why are people not allowed to go to Palestine to fight the occupation like they let people go over to fight in Ukraine?

Double standards again because I’m sure if allowed people from all over the world would go over but as usual you and others have posted your double standards on here for all to see

You are quick to insult and criticise.

I have not posted anything that shows any double standards.

I have posted objective points.

Why can't people go over to support Palestine and give aid  ?

Edited by harvey19

28 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Who are you calling an Islamist you oink? 
Keep spouting your pro Israeli war criminal agenda because truth is your not bothered about the innocent brown people getting blown up as they are not your type are they?

Stop  weaponising the holocaust again as it’s getting boring and let’s not forget it wasn’t only Jewish people  that were sent to the gas chambers.

The Israelis has become what they despise, nazis!!

From what I have read the march orgahave said they will be avoiding the Cenotaph so stop gaslighting!!

1 hour ago, harvey19 said:

Isn’t Hamas the government ?

My apologies to you if I'm wrong, but was it you who said they don't read newspapers or view online links?

However, if you're really interested in finding an answer to your question, you could try reading articles like this one:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2023/10/was-hamas-elected-to-govern-gaza-george-w-bush-2006-palestinian-election.html

"It was in January 2006 that the Palestinian territories held what turned out to be their last parliamentary elections. Hamas won a bare plurality of votes (44 percent to the more moderate Fatah party’s 41 percent) but, given the electoral system, a strong majority of seats (74 to 45). Neither party was keen on sharing power. Fighting broke out between the two. When a unity government was finally formed in June 2007, Hamas broke the deal, started murdering Fatah members, and, in the end, took total control of the Gaza Strip. Those who weren’t killed fled to the West Bank, and the territories have remained split ever since.

In other words, Hamas’ absolute rule of Gaza is not what the Palestinians voted for back in 2006. In fact, since the median age of Gazans is 18, half of Hamas’ subjects weren’t even born when the election took place."

Edited by horribleblob
fixed link