Computer Repair Shops?

WarPig

6 hours ago, WarPig said:

Anyone able to recommend a computer repair shop that they have used please?

My sons home & gaming PC has some problems we need fixing, possibly Bios related. 

thanks. 

What makes you think it's BIOS related? 

Is the PC POSTING? (Power On Self Test)

5 hours ago, Resident said:

What makes you think it's BIOS related? 

Is the PC POSTING? (Power On Self Test)

From a message that came up on the screen when trying to turn it on.

Earlier today I took it to Real Computer Shop on Ecclesall Rd and left it with them to look at.

Thanks for all the suggestions, worth noting for the future.

Glad you settled on a recommended company. Trust all will go well with their service.

For others in a similar position, I can tell you where NOT to take your machine for repair... Killer-Byte, Dronfield.

I suspected my HP laptop's fan was either dirty/broken, and knew that the mouse panel wasn't working.

Got a phone call a few days after dropping it in, and they advised that it wasn't the fan making the noise, but the hard disk.  I agreed to a cloned SSD replacement, but a few days afterwards was told that (some of) the battery cells were concerning/dangerous, so again I agreed for them to fit a new battery.

Then silence for a few days. I chased them after another week-or-so, and only then was told that the case hinges were broken. They were perfectly OK before, so the shop's engineer had broken them while the laptop was in their "care".

Even though it was their fault, they wanted a further £70 to replace!

I refused, and collected the machine a few days afterwards.

£225 for the work done, and received my HP back in literally 3 pieces!

Not only that, but they retained all the screws/bolts holding the thing together, so even if I'd wanted to try and and have a go at fixing it myself, I'd have to track down all the missing components.

Truly a miserable, expensive experience.

Suffice to say, I'll not be calling at their shop again, and would suggest you find an alternative too.... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1